By ml lord Hall, seat, in SW. of Norfolk, 5 miles
NE. of Brandon.
Byndliui'st.—par. and vil. (ry. sta. Lyndhurst Road),
Hants—par., 3825 ac., pop. 1589; vil., near the centre
of the New Forest, 24 miles SW. of Lyndhurst Road sta.
and 9 miles SW. of Southampton ; P.O., T.O.; contains
the Kings House, in which the forest courts are held,
and which is the official residence of the Lord Warden
of the New Forest.—2. Byndlmrst, par., Notts, 24
miles SE. of Mansfield, 713 ac., pop. 32.
Bynilhnrst Koad, ry. sta., Hants, 6J miles SW. of
Southampton. See Lyndhurst.
Byndon, par., Rutland, on river Chater, 44 miles
NE. of Uppingham, 902 ac., pop. 103; a monumental
tablet to Whiston, translator of Josephus, is in church-
yard ; the par. contains the seat of Byndon llall.
Byndridge, seat, 3 miles SE. of Chudleigh, Devon.
Byne.—river, in E. of Northumberland; rises near
Fenrother, and flows E. to Irish Sea, 54 m. NE. of Blyth.
—2. Byne, river, Staffordshire ; rises 24 miles SW. of
Newcastle-under-Lyme, and flows to the Trent at
Trentham.—3. Byne, vil., in par. and vicinity of
Byne, ry. sta., Lyne and Megget par., Peeblesshire,
3J miles W. of Peebles; P.O.; Byne Water flows 18
miles SE. to the Tweed.
Byne Grove, seat, 3 miles S. of Egham, Surrey.
Byne House, seat, Surrey, 9 miles SE. of Dorking.
Byne and Megget, par. with ry. sta. (Lyne), Peebles-
shire, 17,227 ac., pop. 204.
Byneal, 3 miles SE. of Ellesmere, Shropshire; P.O.
See Lineal cum Colemere.
Bynedocli.—estate, Methven par., Perthshire, on
river Almond, 7 m. NW. of Perth; was the property of
General Thomas Graham (1750-1843), Lord Lynedoch,
of Peninsular fame.—2. Bynedocli, ry. sta., Greenock.
Byneliain. — township, Shipton under Wychwood
par., Oxfordshire, in W. of co., on river Evenlode, 4
miles SW. of Chipping Norton, 1943 ac., pop. 215.—
2. Bynehaiu, par. and vil., AVilts, 4 miles SAV. of
Wootton Bassett, 3242 ac., pop. 1011; P.O.
Bynesack, township and eccl. dist., Hamsterley par.,
Durham, 7 miles NE. of Barnard Castle—dist., pop.
2415; township (Lynesack and Softly), 6375 ac., pop.
2347 ; has extensive coal mines.
Byneside, hamlet with ry. sta., Arthuret par., Cum-
berland, 1 mile S. of Longtown.
Bynford, par., Norfolk, on river AVissey, 74 miles
NW. of Thetford, 1500 ac., pop. 109 ; contains the seat
of Bynford Hail.
Byng.—par. and vil., Norfolk, on river Wensum, 6 m.
NE. of Dereham, 1899 ac., pop. 499; P.O.; the par. con-
tains Byng Eastliaugk, hamlet.—2. Byng, par. and
vil., Somerset, 6 m. SE. of Bridgwater, 1409 ac., pop. 353.
Bynliam, seat, 3 m. SE. of Plympton Earls, Devon.
Bynlier, river, Cornwall; rises in the Altarnon Hills
near Brown AVilly, and flows SE., S., and E. past
Callington and Landrake, where it forms an estuary to
the Hamoaze below Saltash ; is 26 miles long.
Bynuioulli, vil. with small harbour, on N. coast of
Devon, at confluence of East Lyn and AVest Lyn, 18
miles NAV. of Barnstaple; P.O.; is a seaside resort,
and has some fishing; the valleys of the East and AVest
Lyn abound in romantic scenery.
Bynn.—hamlet, Shenstone par., Staffordshire, 4 m.
SW. of Lichfield.—2. Bynn. See Kings Lynn.
Bynn, par., S. co. Westmeath, 3 m. S. of Mullingar,
4703 ac., pop. 606 ; P.O., called Bynn Cross Koads.
Bynn, North (St Edmund), par., Norfolk, on r. Ouse,
opposite Kings Lynn, 630 ac. land and 435 water, pop. 91.
Eynn, South, par., Norfolk, forming part of Kings
Lynn bor., pop. 5088 ; P.O.
Eynn, West (St Peter), par. and vil. with ry. sta.,
Norfolk, on river Ouse, opposite Kings Lynn, 1619 ac.,
pop. 576; P.O.
Bynn Deeps, SE. portion of the AA7ash, divided from
Boston Deeps by Roger Sand, Long Sand, and Dogs
Head Sand; is from 5 to 10 fathoms deep ; off the
Hook of Long Sand is Bynn Well Bight-Vessel, with
flashing light 36 ft. above high water and seen 10 miles.
Bynn House, seat, in par. and SW. vicinity of Dairy,
Ayrshire; is believed to be the locality of the ballad,
The Heir of Lynne.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)