Norniitnby.—town, Eston par., North-Riding York-
shire, 34 miles SE. and mostly within the parliamentary
limits of Middlesbrough, 1462ac., pop. 7714 ; P.O., T.O.;
has extensive ironworks and glass furnaces.—2. Nor-
manby, par., Lincolnshire, 7 miles SAY. of Market
Rasen, 1420 ac., pop., 397; P.O., called Normanby by
Spital. —3. Normanby, vil., Burton upon Stather
par., Lincolnshire, 94 miles NAY. of Brigg; P.O.; in
vicinity is the seat of Normanby Park. — 4. Nor-
inanby, hamlet, Stowe by Gainsborough par., Lincoln-
shire, 5 miles SE. of Gainsborough. See Normanby
and Stowe.—5. Normanby, par., township, and vil.,
North-Riding Yorkshire, on river Seven, 5 miles SAV.
of Pickering—par., 2405 ac., pop. 213; township, 1785
ac., pop. 178; gives title of marquis to the Phipps
family.—6. Normanby, hamlet, AYhitby par., North-
Riding Yorkshire, 4 miles SE. of A4Thitby.
Normanby and Stowe, township, Stowe by Gains-
borough par., Lincolnshire, 5 miles SE. of Gains-
borough, pop. 361.
Normanby by Spital, Lincolnshire, 7 miles SAV. of
Market Rasen; P.O. See Normanby.
Normanby on tbe Wolds, par., Lincolnshire, 34
miles NE. of Market Rasen, 1966 ac., pop. 142.
Normandy, vil., Ash par., Surrey, 44 miles N. of
Guildford ; P.O. See Ash and Normandy.
Normandykes, traces of ancient military camp, in
SAV. of Peterculter par., Aberdeenshire.
Normankurst, seat, Sussex; post-town, Battle.
Normans Law, eminence with ancient hill-fort,
Abdie par., Fife, 4 miles NE. of Newburgh.
Normansburgb, South Rainham par., Norfolk, 64
miles SAV. of Litcham; a Cluniac monastery was
founded here in 1160.
Norinanton. — town, par., and township, S. div.
AVest-Riding Yorkshire, 3 miles NE. of AVakefield and
10 miles SE. of Leeds by rail—par., 4124 ac., pop.
12,452; town and township, 1227 ac., pop. 8038 ; P.O.,
T.O., 1 newspaper. Normanton carries on coal mining,
iron working, and a large agricultural trade. The sta.
is one of great importance, being the junction of 3 ex-
tensive railways, the Midland, the Lancashire and York-
shire, and the North-Eastern.—2. Normanton, par.
and vil., Derbyshire—par., mostly within the parlia-
mentary borough of Derby, 1362 ac., pop. 3854; pop.
of borough part, 2970; vil., 2 miles SAY. of Derby; P.O.;
in vicinity is Normanton Honse, seat.—3. Norman-
ton, hamlet, Bottesford par., near N. extremity of
Leicestershire, 6 miles NAV. of Grantham.—4. Nor-
manton, par., Lincolnshire, 7 miles NE. of Grantham,
1540 ac., pop. 143; P.O.—5. Normanton, hamlet, in
par. and NE. vicinity of Southwell, Notts; Normanton
Hall, seat, is adjacent.—6. Normanton, Notts. See
Normanton upon Soar.—7. Normanton, par., Rut-
land, on river Gwash, 5 m. SE. of Oakham, 2450 ac., pop.
79; contains Normanton Iark, seat of Lord Aveland.
Normanton, North. See Normanton Temple.
Normanton, Sonth, par. and vil., Derbyshire, 2
miles NE. of Alfreton, 1934 ac., pop. 3205; P.O.
Normanton Division, The, parl. div. of S. div.
AVest-Riding Yorkshire, pop. 62,545.
Normanton Hall, seat, Thurlaston par., Leicester-
shire, 54 miles NE. of Hinckley.
Normanton Spring, vil., Handsworth par., S. div.
AVest-Riding Yorkshire, 4 miles SE. of Sheffield.
Normanton Temple (or North Normanton), eccl.
dist., Chesterfield par., Derbyshire, pop. 198.
Normanton le Heath, township, Nailstone par.,
Leicestershire, 24 miles SE. of Ashby de la Zouch, 1320
ac., pop. 162.
Normanton on the Wolds, township, Plumtree
par., in co. and 6 miles SE. of Nottingham, pop. 99.
Normanton upon Soar, par. and vil., Notts, 2 miles
NAV. of Loughborough, 1500 ac., pop. 322 ; P.O.
Normanton upon Trent, par. and vil., Notts, 34
miles SE. of Tuxford, 1110 ac., pop. 818.
Norney, hamlet, in par. and 3 miles NE. of Har-
Norrtes Law, tumulus, in par. and 24 miles NAV. of
Largo, Fife ; ancient relics have been found here.
Norrtngton, ruined mansion, in SAV. of AVilts, 84
miles NE. of Shaftesbury; the ruins comprise the hall
and some terraces.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)