Sclattie, part of Auchmnll, Newhills par., Aber-
deenshire, pop. 374.
Scofton with Osberton, eccl. di3t., Babworth,
Blyth, Carlton in Lindrick, and Worksop pars., Notts,
Scole (or OsinoiiHiston), eccl. dist. and vil., Scole
with Thorpe Parva and Frenze par., Norfolk—dist.,
pop. 639; vil., on river Waveney, 1% mile E. of Diss;
P.O., T.o. Scole House and Scole Lodge are seats.
Scole with Thorpe Parva and Frenze, par., Nor-
folk, 1569 ac., pop. 720.
Scolton, seat, Pembrokeshire; post-town, Haver-
Sconce Point, small headland, in NW. of Isle of
Wight, at Victoria Fort, 1 mile W. of Yarmouth.
Sconcer, hamlet, in par. and 10 miles SE. of Portree,
Skye island, Inverness-shire, on Loch Sligachan; P.O.
Scone, par. and vil., Perthshire—par., 7815 ac,, pop.
2402; vil. (New Scone), on river Tay, 2 miles NE. of
Perth, pop. 1483 ; P.O.; has a jam factory ; in vicinity
is Scone Palace, seat of the Earl of Mansfield, oc-
cupying the site of an abbey founded in 1114 and de-
stroyed in 1559 ; Old Scone, now a decayed hamlet, 1
mile NW. of New Scone, was the capital of the king-
dom of the Piets, and was long the place where the
Scottish kings were crowned. The coronation-stone, or
Stone of Destiny, was removed by Edward I. in 1296 to
Westminster Abbey, where it now is.
Scoonie, par., on S. coast of Fife, 4091 ac., pop.
3730; contains Leven.
Scopwick, par. and vil. (ry. sta. Scopwiek and
Timberland), Lincolnshire—par., 3190 ac., pop. 399 ;
vil., 8 miles N. of Sleaford; P.O.; on Scopwick
Heath are several ancient earthworks.
Scoralg, school, Lochbroom par., Ross and Cromarty.
Scorborough, par., East-Riding Yorkshire, 4 miles
N. of Beverley, 1385 ac., pop. 66; contains Scor-
horoiigh Hall, seat.
Scoreby. See Stamford Bridge with Scoreby.
Scorblll (or Long Stone) Circle, ancient stone circle,
Dartmoor, Devon, 3 miles W. of Chagford; consists of
24 upright stones ; the Long Stone is 9 ft. high.
Scorrier, vil. (ry. sta. Scorrier Gate), Cornwall, 2
miles NE. of Redruth; P.O., T.o.; in vicinity is Scorrier
Scorton.—eccl. dist. and vil. with ry. sta., Garstang
par., N. Lancashire—dist., pop. 604; vil., 3% miles N.
of Garstang; P.O.; has a large cotton factory. —2.
Scorton, township and vil. with ry. sta., Catterick
par., North-Riding Yorkshire—township, 1407 ac., pop.
407; vil., 5% miles NE. of Richmond ; P.O.
Sco-Ruston (or South Rusliton), par., Norfolk, 2
miles NE. of Coltishall, 471 ac., pop. 89.
Scosthrop, township, Kirkby in Malham Dale par.,
N. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 6 miles SE. of Settle,
1275 ac., pop. 67.
Scot Willoughby, par., Lincolnshire, 5 miles S. of
Sleaford, 556 ac., pop. 36.
Scotby, eccl. dist. and vil. with ry. sta., Wetheral
par., Cumberland—dist., pop. 678; vil., 2% miles E. of
Scotch Dyke, ry. sta., Cumberland, near the Border,
2% miles N. of Longtown.
Scotchman's Hole, cave, at Stoney Middleton,
Scotchstreet, 3 miles NW. of Portadown, N. co.
Scotforth, township, Lancaster par., Lancashire,
forming a S. suburb of Lancaster, 2880 ac., pop. 2263.
Scothern, par. and vil., Lincolnshire—par., 2500 ac.,
pop. 495 ; vil., 5 miles NE. of Lincoln ; P.O.
Scotland, hamlet, Ingoldsby par., Lincolnshire, 5
miles SW. of Falkingham.
Scotland Brook, hamlet, in SW. of Surrey, 3% miles
SE. of Godalming.
Scotland Division, pari. div. of Liverpool city, pop.
Scotland Green, hamlet, 2 miles SE. of Enfield,
Scotland Hill, 6 miles S. of Stradbally, E. Queens
co., alt. 1079 ft.
Scotland Yard, headquarters of the Metropolitan
Police, on E. side of Whitehall, London.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)