Tickliill, small town, par., and township, S. div.
West-Riding Yorkshire, 4 miles W. of Bawtry and 10
miles E. of Rotherham—par., 6779 ac., pop. 1902;
township, 5579 ac., pop. 1830; town, 489 ac., pop.
1684; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; has remains of a priory;
Tickliill Castle is the seat of the Earl of Scarborough;
remains exist of the old castle, which sustained two
sieges, one in the reign of John, and the other in the
Tickmacrevan, par., E. co. Antrim, on Glenarm
Bay, 20,511 ac., pop. 4072; contains Glenarm.
Ticknall, par. and vil., Derbyshire, 5% miles N. of
Ashby de la Zouch, 2590 ac., pop. 935 ; P.O.
Tlckton with Hull Bridge, township, Beverley St
John par., East-Riding Yorkshire, 2 miles NE. of
Beverley, 779 ac., pop. 369; Tlckton Grange and
Tlckton Hall are seats.
Tid. See Tydd.
Tidcomhe, par. and eccl. dist., Wilts, 8 miles SW.
of Hungerford—par., 2367 ac., pop. 238; dist. (Tid-
combe cnm Hippenscombe), comprising part of Tid-
combe and the whole of Hippenscombe, pop. 137.
Tidcomhe Portion, eccl. division of Tiverton par.,
Devon, in bor. of Tiverton, pop. 2466.
Tiddesley Hay, Staffordshire. See Teddesley.
Tiddington.—township and ry. sta., Albury par.,
Oxfordshire, 4% miles W. of Thame, 457 ac., pop. 178;
P.O.—2. Tiddington, vil., Alveston par., Warwick-
shire, 1 mile NE. of Stratford on Avon.
Tidehrook, eccl. dist., Mayfield and Wadhurst
pars., Sussex, 3% miles NW. of Ticehurst Road sta.,
pop. 623; P.O.
Tideford (or Tidlford), eccl. dist., St Germans par.,
Cornwall, on NE. side of St Germans, pop. 676; P.O.
Tidenham, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Gloucester-
shire, between the Severn and the Wye, 1£ mile NE.
of Chepstow, 6067 ac. and 1550 tidal water and fore-
shore, pop. 1501; P.O.
Tideswell, small town, par., and township, Derby-
shire, 2% miles N. of Millers Dale sta. and 6% miles E.
of Buxton—par., 10,441 ac., pop. 3738 ; township, 3263
ac., pop. 1985; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; is an ancient place;
Tideswell Dale is a tributary valley to Millers Dale.
Tidlford, Cornwall. See Tideford.
Tldington, par., in detached part of Worcestershire,
on river Stour, 1% mile S. of Shipston on Stour, 754 ac.,
Tldmarsh, par., Berks, 5 miles W. of Reading, 785
ac., pop. 190 ; contains Tidmarsh House, seat.
Tidworth, North, par. and vil., Wilts, on border of
co., 2 miles SW. of Ludgershall, 3069 ac., pop. 248;
P.O., called Tidworth.
Tidworth, Sonth, par., Hants, on border of co., 1
mile S. of North Tidworth, 2302 ac., pop. 236; Tid-
worth House was the seat of Thomas Assheton Smith
(1776-1858), the sportsman.
Tiermaclane, 6 miles from Ennis, co. Clare; P.O.
Tlevemore, 5 m. from Pettigoe, S. co Donegal; P.O.
Tievenaness, 9 miles from Cootehill, co. Cavan; P.O.
Tiffleld, par., Northamptonshire, 2 miles N. of Tow-
cester, 2530 ae., pop. 245 ; P.O.
Tigerton, hamlet, Menmuir par., Forfarshire, 5
miles NW. of Brechin.
Tighnabruaich, watering-place, Kilfinan par.,
Argyllshire, on Kyles of Bute, 9% miles (by water) NW.
of Rothesay, pop. (including Auchenlochan) 771; P.O.,
T.O., 1 Bank; has a steamboat pier, and was made a
quoad sacra par. in 1882.
Tighnallnn, hamlet, at W. end of Loch Rannoch,
Tighyarry, hamlet with school, North Uist island,
Outer Hebrides, Inverness-shire, 8 miles from Loch
Tiklllin, par., in co. and 3 miles NW. of Wexford,
on river Slaney, 2866 ac., pop. 660.
Tilherthwalte, mountain vale, N. Lancashire, 2|
miles N. of Coniston.
Tilhrook, Bedfordshire, 1% mile NW. of Kimbolton;
p.o. See Tillbrook.
Tilburstow Hill, wooded height, on S. side of God-
Tilbury, ry. sta. (and hotel, at Tilbury Docks), Essex,
on river Thames, 22 miles E. of London, opposite
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)