Worm Hill, eminence, Dartmoor, Devon, 3 miles
SW. of Moreton Hampstead.
Wormald Green, ry. sta., E. div. West-Riding
Yorkshire, 5 miles S. of Ripon.
Wormbridge, par., in co. and 9 miles SW. of Here-
ford, 720 ac., pop. 99; P.O.
Wormcgay, par., Norfolk, 6 miles SE. of Kings
Lynn, 2788 ac., pop. 472.
Wormclow, hundred, Herefordshire, in S. of co.;
contains 32 pars, and a part, and consists of 2 divisions
—Upper Division, 27,178 ac., pop. 4342; Lower Division,
39,744 ac., pop. 6180.
Wormelow Tump, in co. and 7 miles SW. of Here-
ford ; P.O.
Wormliill, township and vil., Tideswell par., Derby-
shire—township, 4657 ac., pop. 953 ; vil., 2 miles SW.
of Tideswell; P.O.; has a free school; in vicinity is
Wormliill Hall, seat.
Wormingt'ord, par. and vil., Essex—par., 2322 ac.,
pop. 477; vil., on river Stour, 6 miles NW. of Col-
Wormingliall, par. and vil., on W. border of Bucks—
par., 1510ac., pop. 303; vil., 4%m. NW. of Thame; P.O.
Worminglmrst. See AYarminghurst.
Worintngton, par., Gloucestershire, 5% miles S. of
Evesham sta., 560 ac., pop. 94.
Worniington Grange, seat, Didbrook par., Glou-
cestershire, 4 miles N. of Winchcomb.
Wormistone Honse, seat, in par. and 1% mile N. of
Wormlt Bay, Forgan par., Fife, in Firth of Tay.
Worinleighton, par. and vil., Warwickshire—par.,
2320 ac., pop. 231; vil., on Oxford Canal, 1% mile E.
of Fenny Compton; P.O.
Wormley.—par. and vil., Herts—par., 946 ac., pop.
735; vil., 2 miles N. of Cheshunt and 5 SE. of Hert-
ford; P.O.—2. Wormley, 1 mile from Witley sta.,
Worms Head, promontory, forming the AY. ex-
tremity of Gower, Glamorgan, 8 miles AY. of Oxwich.
Wormslicatli, Surrey, 6 miles SE. of Croydon; has
relics of ancient British habitations.
Wormsliill, par. and vil., Kent—par., 1475 ac.,
pop. 213; vil., 5 miles S. of Sittingbourne ; P.O.
Wormsley, par., Herefordshire, 3 miles SE. of
Weobly, 1233 ac., pop. 78.
Wormsley Park, seat, Oxfordshire, 4 miles E. of
Wormwood Scrubbs, ry. sta. and common, Mid-
dlesex, in NW. suburbs of London, near Notting Hill,
and 1% mile SE. of Willesden Junction ; the common
was the scene of many duels early in the 19th century.
Worplesdon, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Surrey—
par., 5289 ac., pop. 1715; vil., 3 miles NW. of Guild-
ford; P.O.; has brickyards.
Worrall, vil., Bradfield township, Ecclesfield par.,
S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 5 m. NW. of Sheffield.
Worsall, High, township, Northallerton par., North-
Riding Yorkshire, on river Tees, 3 miles SW. of Yarm,
1594 ac., pop. 81.
Worsall, low, township, Kirk Leavington par.,
North-Riding Yorkshire, on river Tees, 2% miles SW.
of Yarm, 1362 ac., pop. 199.
Worsborongh, town and township, Darfield par.,
S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 2% miles S. of Barnsley,
5779 ac., pop. 8443; P.O.; P.O. at Worsborongh
Bridge, and P.O., T.O. at Worsborongh Dale. AYors-
borough has extensive collieries, ironmills, chemical
works, glassworks, paperworks, gunpowder mills, and
cornmills. There are two churches and two endowed
schools. The township is a local government district,
and contains Worsborough Dale, eccl. dist., pop. 5217.
Worsley, township and manufacturing vil. with ry.
sta., Eccles par., SE. Lancashire—township (contain-
ing parts of Swinton and Pendlebury), 6928 ac., pop.
21,207; vil., 6miles NW. of Manchester; P.O., T.O.; has
cotton mfrs., ironworking, brickmaking, and coal mining.
Worsley llall is the seat of the Earl of Ellesmere.
Worsley Koad, 2 miles from Farnworth, SE. Lanca-
shire ; P.O.
Worstcad, par. and vil., Norfolk—par., 2603 ac.,
pop. 765; vil., 4 miles S. of North AYalsham; P.O.,
T.o.; is an ancient place, settled by Flemish weavers in
the 12th century, and gave its name to the woollen
yarn, worsted. The church is a 14th century building.
Worstead Hall, seat, is in vicinity.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)