from Reeth; inhabitants, 621 ; this
place is sometimes called Red Hurst.
Hurst Courtney, W. R. (8) a
township in the parish of Birkin, wa-
pentake of Barkston Ash, 4 miles N.W.
from Snaith ; inhabitants, 145.
Hurst Green, W. R. (8) a hamlet
in the township and parish of Eccles-
field, wapentake of Strafforth and Tick-
hill, 7 miles N. W. from Sheffield.
Hurst Temple, W. R. (8) a town-
ship in the parish of Birkin, wapentake
of Barkston Ash, 4£ miles N. W. from
Snaith; inhabitants, 141.
Hurtlepot, W. R. (4). See In-
Hury, N. R. (1) a small hamlet
in the township of Hunderthwaite, pa-
rish of Romaldkirk, wapentake of Gil-
ling West, 4 miles S. W. from Ro-
Husthwaite, N. R. (5) a parish
and township in the wapentake of Bird-
forth, 5 miles N. from Easingwold;
inhabitants, 5.24 ; a perpetual curacy;
patron, T. E. Wynn Belasyse, Esq.
Here is Highthorn, the seat of William
Hotham, Esq. The parish contains the
township of Carlton. Entire popula-
Husthwaite, \^. R. (8) a hamlet
in the township of Thurgoland, parish
of Silkston, wapentake of Staincross,
4 miles S. E. from Penistone. Hus-
thwaite Hall is the seat of J. Bland, Esq.
Hut Green, W. R. (8) a hamlet
in the township of Egbrough, parish of
Kellington, wapentake of Osgoldcross,
6 miles W. from Snaith.
Hutton, N. R. (2) a township in
the parish of Rudby, wapentake of
Langbarugh, 4 miles W. from Stokes-
ley; inhabitants, 919; a pleasant vil-
lage, in which linen is manufactured to
a considerable extent.
Hutton, N. R. (5) a township in
the parish of Sessay, wapentake of Al-
lertonshire, 5 miles N. W. from Eas-
ingwold ; inhabitants, 129.
Hutton Bonville, N. R. (2) a
township in the parish of Birkby, wa-
pentake of Aflertonshire, 5 miles N.
from Northallerton; inhabitants, 107.
Hutton Bonville Hall is the seat of
Hutton Bushell, N. R. (3) a pa-
rish and township in the wapentake of
Pickering Lythe, 6 miles S. W. from
Scarborough; inhabitants, 419; a vi-
carage, value 14/. 17s. 6d.; patron,
Earl Fitzwilliam. Here is the seat
of George Osbaldeston, Esq. In the
church is a monument to Dr. Osbal-
deston, Bishop of London, of this fa-
mily, who died 1764. The parish
contains the township of West Ayton.
Entire population, 648.
Hutton Conyers, N. R. (5) a
township, extra-parochial, in the wa-
pentake of Aflertonshire, 1J mile N.
from Ripon; inhabitants, 127. This
place, formerly the residence of a
branch of the ancient family of Con-
yers, is now the property of Mrs. Law-
rence of Studley.
Hutton Cranswick, E. R. (6) a
parish and township in the division of
Bainton Beacon, 3£ miles S. from Drif-
field ; inhabitants, 917; a vicarage,
value 15/. 85. 6§rZ.; patron, Lord Ho-
tham. The parish contains the town-
ships of Rotsea and Sunderlandwick,
Entire population, 1000.
Hutton Hang, High, N. R. (1)
a township in the parish of Fingall,
wapentake of Hang West, 3 miles W,
from Middleham ; inhabitants, 25.
Hutton Hang, Low, N. R.
(1) a small hamlet in the preceding
Hutton le Hole, N. R. (2) a
township in the parish of Lastingham,
wapentake of Rydale, 3 miles N. from
Kirkby Moorside; inhabitants, 304.
In this township is Dowthwaite Hall,
the seat of William Shepherd, Esq.;
and Darley, or Spaunton Lodge, a
shooting box of jHenry Darley, Esq.
Hutton Long Villiers, or Mag-
na, N. R, (1) a parish and township