Pocklington; inhabitants, 9.
Owsthorpe, E.R. (5) a township of Hang West, 5 miles N.W. from
in the parish of Pocklington, division Askrigg. At Oxnop Hall died, in the
of Wilton Beacon, 1£ mile N. from 125th year of his age, George Kirton,
Owston, W. R. (8) a parish and
township in the wapentake of Osgold-
cross, 6 miles N. from Doncaster ; in-
habitants, 306; a vicarage, value 7L
Os. 2§d.; patron, Philip Davis Cook,
Esq. Owston Hall is the seat of P. D.
Cook, Esq. The parish contains the
township of Skellow. Entire popu-
Owstrop, E. R. (5) a hamlet in
the township of Gilberdike, parish of
Eastrington, wapentake of Howden-
shire, 4 miles E. from Howden.
Owstwick, E. R. (6) a township
in the parishes of Garton and Roos,
wapentake of Holderness, 9 miles S.
from Hornsea; inhabitants, 139.
Owthorne, E. R. (9) a parish and
township in the wapentake of Holder-
ness, 5 miles N. from Patrington; in-
habitants, 143 ; a vicarage, value 11/.
6s. 5d.; patron, the King. Jn Febru-
ary, 1816, from the encroachment of
a high tide, the tower of Owthorne
church, known by the name of one of
the Sisters, as a sea-mark, was washed
into the ocean ; a new church has been
since erected at Rimswell. The parish
contains the townships of Frodingham,
Rimswell, and Waxholme. Entire po-
Oxclose, N. R. (2) a hamlet in the
township and parish of West Rounton,
wapentake of Allertonshire, 6 miles S.
Oxclose House, N. R. (2) a ham-
let in the township of Hutton le Hole,
parish of Lastingham, wapentake of
Rydale, 3 miles N. from Kirkby
Oxnop, Far and Near, W. R. (4)
two hamlets in the township of Thorn-
ton, parish of Bradford, wapentake of
Morley, 4 miles S. from Keighley.
Oxnop, High and Low, N.R. (1)
two small hamlets in the township of
Muker, parish of Grinton, wapentake
Esq., in the year 1764, whose passion
for fox-hunting continued till he had
reached his hundredth year: this
Nimrod did not addict himself to
the milk and water potations of old
Parr, but till within ten years of his
death, freely indulged in the worship
Oxque, N. R. (1) a hamlet in the
township and parish of Marrick, wa-
pentake of Gilling West, 5 miles E.
Oxspring, W. R. (8) a hamlet in
the township and parish of Penistone,
wapentake of Staincross,. 2 miles E.
from Penistone ; inhabitants, 247.
Oxton, (5) a township in the Ain-
sty, parish of Tadcaster, 9§ miles S. E.
from York; inhabitants, 66. Here is
the seat of J. W. Clough, Esq.
Paa, W. R. (4) a hamlet in the
township of Pavthorne, parish of Gis-
burn, wapentake of Staincliffe, 9 miles
S. from Settle.
PaceygaTE, W. R. (4) a hamlet in
the township of Beamsley, parish of
Skipton, wapentake of Claro, 8 miles
E. from Skipton.
Paddock and PaddocE Foot,
W. R. (7) two hamlets in the township
and parish of Huddersfield, wapentake
of Agbrigg, 1 mile W. from Hud-
Padside, W. R. (4) a township
with Thornthwaite, parish of Hamps-
thwaite, wapentake of Claro, 4 miles
S. from Pateley Bridge; inhabi-
Page Fold, W. R. (4) a hamlet in
the township of Bashalleaves, parish
of Mitton, wapentake of Staincliffe, 8
miles S. W. from Gisburn.
Page Hall, W. R. (8). See Ec-
Painley, W. R. (4) a small hamlet
in the township of Horton, parish of