Budle Bay and Point, inlet and headland, on E.
coast of Northumberland, 34 miles SE. of Holy Island.
Budleigb, East.—hundred, E. Devon, 53,739 ac.,
pop. 23,348; contains 28 pars.—2. Budleigb, East,
par. and vil., E. Devon, 5 miles SW. of Sidmouth, 3277
ac. (40 water), pop. 2856; P.O.
Budleigb Salterton, coast vil. and watering-place,
East Budleigh par., E. Devon, at mouth of river Otter,
5 miles E. of Exmouth ry. sta. and 182 miles SW. of
London, pop. 1908; P.O., t.o., 1 Bank; is situated in a
valley, sheltered on all sides but the S., and affords a
genial retreat to those affected with lung complaints.
Budleigb, West, hundred, N. Devon, 17,367 ac.,
Budney, hamlet, in par. and 1 mile NW. of Whit-
church, N. Shropshire.
Budock, par., W. Cornwall, 14 m. W. of Falmouth,
3733 ac., 322 tidal water, and 106 foreshore, pop. 2488.
Budwortb, Great, par. and township, mid. Che-
shire, 2 miles N. of Northwich—par., 38,935 ac. (785
ac. water), the area includes parts of Hartford and
Rudbeath not in B. par., pop. 23,732; township, 903
ac., pop. 532; P.O.
Bud worth, Little, par., W. Cheshire, near Dela-
mere Forest, 2908 ac. (37 water), pop. 541; P.O.
Buersill, hamlet, in par. and 2 miles SE. of Roch-
dale, SE. Lancashire.
Buerton.—township, Audlem par., W. Cheshire,
7m. SE. of Nantwich, 2981 ac., pop. 471.—2. Buerton,
township, Aldford par., W. Cheshire, 673 ac., pop. 64.
Bugbrooke, par., in S. of co. and 5| miles SW. of
Northampton, 2420 ac., pop. 896; P.O.
Buglawton, township and vil., Astbury par., mid.
Cheshire, 2 miles NE. of Congleton, 2911 ac. (25 water),
Bugle, sta. on Cornwall Mineral Ry., 14 miles E. of
New Quay, E. Cornwall.
Bugley, hamlet, Gillingham par., N. Dorset, 54 miles
W. of Shaftesbury.
Bugsby Marsh, hamlet, on river Thames, W. Kent,
14 mile below Greenwich. Bugsby-Reach, a bend of
the Thames, is in the vicinity.
Bugsworth, hamlet, and sta. on Midland Ry., N.
Derbyshire, 16 miles SE. of Manchester; P.O. See
Chinley, Bugsworth, and Brownside.
Bugthorpe, or Buckthorpe, par., East-Riding
Yorkshire, 6 miles NAV. of Pocklington, 1917 ac., pop.
Buie, or Buldhe, loch (1J mile by £ mile), SE.
Sutherlandshire, 74 miles NNE. of Bonar Bridge ry. sta.
—2. Buie, small stream, Ardchattan par., Argyllshire,
flowing 3 miles to Loch Creran.
BuUdwas, par. and ry. junction, S. Shropshire, on
river Severn, 4 miles N. of Much Wenlock, 2128 ac.,
pop. 259 ; has fine ruins of a Cistercian abbey (1135);
there is also an elegant iron bridge over the Severn.
In the par. is Buildwas Park.
Buile Hill, seat, 2 m. W. of Manchester, Lancashire.
Builg, loch, S. Banffshire, at NE. base of Ben Aan,
3 miles S. of Inchrory.
Builtli.—hundred, N. Brecknockshire, 97,607 ac.,
pop. 6862; contains 20 pars.—2. Builth, par. and
town with ry. sta., N. Brecknockshire, on river Wye,
14 miles N. of Brecon and 183 miles NW. of London—
par., 712 ac., pop. 1455 ; town, pop. 1424; P.O., T.O., 2
Banks. Market-day, Monday. A bridge of 6 arches
over the Wye connects the town with Radnorshire.
The mineral springs are much frequented. (See
Builth Wells.) Llewellyn, the last prince of Wales
who held the regal power, lived at Aberedw, 4 miles
to the SE.; he was slain in battle (1282) at Cwm
Llewellyn, 3 miles to the N., and was buried at
Cefn-y-Bedd, a field in the neighbourhood of the town.
Builth Road Junction, sta. on London and North-
Western Ry., SW. Radnorshire, 2 miles NW. of Builth.
Builth AVells, sta. on Mid Wales Ry., 1 mile NW.
of Builth, N. Brecknockshire. The wells? called the
Park Wells, consist of three mineral springs, saline,
sulphureous, and chalybeate. They are furnished with
a commodious pump-room, and are much frequented.
Buinaha, cape, W. co. Mayo, on S. side of Clew Bay.
Buittle, par. with ry. sta., SE. Kirkcudbrightshire,
3 miles SE. of Castle-Douglas, 11,391 ac., pop. 991;
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)