Castle Church, par., W. Staffordshire, partly in SW.
of Stafford pari, bor., 3861 ac. (30 water), pop. 5923.
Castle Clanyard, ruined tower, Kirkmaiden par.,
SW. Wigtownshire, 4 mAe SE. of Clanyard Bay;
belonged to a branch of the Cordons of Kenmure.
Castle Cluggy, ruined fortalice, Monzievaird and
Strowan par., Perthshire, on peninsula at N. end of
Castle CoefHn, ruins of ancient fortalice, supposed
to be of Danish origin, Lismore, Argyllshire, on a small
peninsula of Loch Linnhe.
Castle Cole, Pictish tower, Clyne par., SE. Suther-
landshire, on the Black Water, 2 miles above its junc-
tion with the Brora.
Castle Combe, par., vil., and seat, N. AVilts, 54 miles
NW. of Chippenham, 1494 ac., pop. 495; P.O.
Castlecomer, market town and par., N. co. Kilkenny,
5 miles E. of Ballyragget ry. sta. and 144 miles SAV".
of Carlow—par., 21,592 ac., pop. 6628; town, pop.
1182 ; P.O., T.O. Market-day, Saturday; has military
barracks. Coal is worked in the district. Castle-
comer House is in the vicinity.
CastleconneU, vil. with ry. sta., Stradbally par.,
in co. and 8 miles NE. of Limerick, on river Shannon,
pop. 330 ; P.O., T.O.; resorted to for the angling on the
Shannon. Several fine seats are in the vicinity; also,
the riiins of a castle of the OBriens, kings of Munster.
Castleconor, par., W. co. Sligo, 4 miles NE. of
Ballina, 16,667 ac., pop. 2635.
Castle Cooke, NE. co. Cork; post-town, Kilworth.
Castle Coole, seat of the Earl of Belmore, 1 mile E.
of Enniskillen, mid. co. Fermanagh.
Castlecor.—hamlet and seat, 5 miles NE. of Kan-
turk, N. co. Cork; P.O.—2. Castlecor, 2 miles NW. of
Oldcastle, NW. co. Meath; P.O.
Castle Cornet, fort, on rocky islet, St Peter Port
harb., Guernsey. On Castle Cornet breakwater is a
lighthouse, with fixed light seen 9 miles.
Castlecove, 10 miles from Sneem, S. co. Kerry; P.O.
Castle Coyty. See Coyty.
Castle Crag, lofty wooded eminence, Borrowdale,
W. Cumberland, 14 mile SW. of Derwent Water.
Castle Craig.—ruins, Resolis par., E. Ross-shire, on
precipice overhanging the Cromarty Firth; was the
principal residence of the Bishops of Ross.—2. Castle
Craig, farm with vestiges of ancient fortalice, said to
have been built by William the Lion for the suppression
of robbers, Nigg par., E. Ross-shire, on the top of a
rock fronting Cromarty.—3. Castle Craig, seat of the
Gibson-Carmichael family, Kirkurd par., AV. Peebles-
shire, near Tarth Water, 6 m. SE. of Dolphinton sta.
Castlecuffe, hamlet, 2 miles W. of Clonaslee, NW.
Castle Baly, seat, 8 miles SW. of Loughrea, SE.
Castle Bangerous. See Douglas Castle.
Castle Bawson, vil. with ry. sta., Magherafelt par.,
S. co. Londonderry, pop. 511; P.O., T.O. Market-day,
Saturday. Moyola Park, the seat of the Dawson
family, is adjacent.
Castlederg, vil., Urney par., W. co. Tyrone, on river
Derg, 6 miles SW. of Victoria Bridge ry. sta. and 10
miles SW. of Strabane, pop. 756; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks.
Market-day, Friday. There is a large spinning mill
14 mile distant.
Castledermot, town and par., S. co. Kildare, on
river Lerr, 4 miles E. of Mageney ry. sta. and 9 miles
SE. of Athy—par., 7490 ac., pop. 1505; town, pop.
675; P.O., T.o.; a round tower, several sculptured
crosses, and the remains of a monastery, are here.
Castle Beudraetb, seat, near Tanybwlch ry. sta.,
Castle Bexter, ruins, near Beauparc sta., co.
CastledUlon, par., E. co. Kildare, on river Liffey,
5 miles S. of Maynooth, 1125 ac., pop. 71.
Castle Bitch.—ancient camp, on Little Haldon Hill,
E. Devon, 24 miles W. of Dawlish.—2. Castle Bitch,
ancient camp, S. Wilts, 4 miles SE. of Hindon.
Castle Bobbs, seat, 24 miles NE. of Carrickfergus,
E. co. Antrim.
Castledockrell, hamlet, 4 miles W. of Ferns, N. co.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)