Castle Bonington, market town and par. with ry.
sta., N. Leicestershire, 7 miles NW. of Loughborough
and 136 miles NW. of London, 4250 ac., pop. 2662;
P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. Market-day, Saturday.
Castle Bonnan, picturesque ruin, Kintail par., SW.
Ross-shire, beside Dornie vil.
Castle Bonovan, ruins, 2 miles N. of Drimoleague
ry. sta., S. co. Cork.
Castledoor, hamlet, 24 m. N. of Fowey, E. Cornwall.
Castle-Bougias, market town with ry. sta., Cross-
michael and Kelton pars., Kirkcudbrightshire, 194 miles
SW. of Dumfries, 1114 miles SE. of Glasgow, 1134
miles SW. of Edinburgh, and 344 miles NW. of London,
pop. 2565; P.O., t.o., 4 Banks, 1 newspaper. Market-
day, Monday; has some tanning and agricultural-
implement making, and is the centre of business for
Castle Brumln, ruined baronial fortress, Inveravon
par., Banffshire, on peninsula at confluence of the Avon
and the Livet.
Castle Buart, ruined castle of the Macleans of Mull,
Torosay par., Mull island, Argyllshire, on headland at
E. side of Duart Bay; commands one of the grandest
prospects in the Western Highlands.
Castle Burrow, seat of Lord Ashbrook, near Durrow,
S. Queens co.
Castle Byke, ancient camp, in Ugbrooke Park, E.
Devon, 14 mile SE. of Chudleigh.
Castle Bykes, Roman camp, adjacent to Farthinghoe,
Castledykes.—site of ancient castle of the Comyns,
above beautiful bend of river Nith, in co. and | mile S.
of Dumfries.—2. Castledykes, site of Roman sta.,
Carstairs par., E. Lanarkshire, on the Clyde.
Castle Bykings, par., in co. and city of Lincoln,
Castle Byrran, hamlet, W. Carmarthenshire, 3 miles
NE. of Narberth.
Castle Eaton, par. and vil., N. Wilts, on river
Thames, 34 miles NE. of Cricklade, 1979 ac., pop. 323.
Castle Eden.—par., vil., and seat, with ry. sta., in
co. and 94 m. SE. of Durham, 1949 ac., pop. 880 ; P.O.,
and P.O., T. o., at Castle Eden Station. The coal mines
are very extensive.—2. thistle Eden, rivulet, N. Dur-
ham ; flows NE. through the romantic dell of Castle
Eden Dean to North Sea at Dean Mouth.
Castle Eden Colliery, vil. with ry. sta., Castle Eden
par., in co. and 104 miles SE. of Durham; P.O.
Castle-eUis, par., E. co. Wexford, 7 miles SE. of
Enniscorthy, 5603 ac., pop. 1084.
Castle Feather, ancient fortification, AATiithorn par.,
SE. Wigtownshire, on the coast, near Burrow Head.
Castlefern, rivulet, Glencairn par., W. Dumfries-
shire; flows 7 miles SE. and NE. to \ mile S. of
Moniaive, where it unites with the Craigdarroch and
Dalquhat Waters to form the Cairn.
Castle Ffrencb, seat of Lord Ffrench, 54 miles E.
of Mount Bellew Bridge, E. co. Galway.
Castlefinn, vil. with ry. sta., Donaghmore par., E.
co. Donegal, 17 miles S. of Londonderry, pop. 398;
P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. Market-day, Monday.
Castlefleming, school, Rathdowney par., Queens co.
Castle Fogarty, seat, 3 m. W. of Thurles, Tipperary.
Castle Forbes, seat of Lord Forbes, Keig par., Aber-
deenshire, on river Don, 3 miles N. of AYhitehouse sta.
Castle Forbes, seat of the Earl of Granard, in co.
and 4 miles NW. of Longford.
Castleford.—town and par. with ry. sta., E. div.
West-Riding Yorkshire, 10 miles SE. of Leeds and
181 miles N. of London—par., 1643 ac., pop. 11,579;
town, 564 ac., pop. 10,530 ; P.p., T.o., 3 Banks, 1 news-
paper ; has extensive glass works. — 2. Castleford,
hamlet, Ipplepen par., E. Devon.
Castlefore, vil., 10 miles NE. of Carrick-on-Shannon,
S. co. Leitrim.
Castleforward, hamlet, on Lough Swilly, NE. co.
Donegal, 7 miles W. of Londonderry.
Castle Fraser, old mansion, seat of a family of
Frasers, Cluny par., mid. Aberdeenshire, 3 miles SE. of
Castle Frekc, seat of Lord Carbery, 2 miles E. of
Rosscarberry and 16 miles SW. of Bandon, S. co. Cork,
near the coast; P.O.
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)