Castle Frome, par., in oo. and 10 miles NE. of
Hereford, 1511 ac., pop. 150.
. Castlegar, seat, 6 m. NW. of Ballinasloe, co. Galway.
Castlcgarde, seat, 3 miles NE. of Pallas Grean, E.
Castlegardens, school, Newtownardspar., co. Down.
Castlegarren, 6 miles from Cliffoney, co. Sligo; P.O.
Castle Girnigoe and Castle Sinclair, neighbouring
ruins, on the sea-coast, 3¼ miles NE. of Wick, E. Caith-
ness-shire ; formerly the chief strongholds of the Sin-
clairs, Earls of Caithness.
Castle Gloom. See Castle Campbell.
Castle Goring, seat, 4 m. NW. of Worthing,W. Sussex.
Castle Gower, vitrified fort, in W. of Buittle par.,
Castle Grant, seat of the Earl of Seafield, Cromdale
par., in S. of Elginshire, 1¼ mile NE. of Grantown.
Castle Green.—parochial tract, in co. and town of
Carmarthen.—2. Castle Green, seat, in co. and vicinity
Castlegregory, vil., 15 miles W. of Tralee, W. co.
Kerry, on Tralee Bay, pop. 597; P.O. Market-days,
Tuesday and Saturday.
Castle Gresley, township and hamlet, Church
Gresley par., S. Derbyshire, 3¼ miles SE. of Burton-
on-Trent, pop. 786 ; P.O.
Castle Grove, seat, Donegal; post-tn., Letterkenny.
Castlehacket, seat and hamlet with agricultural
school, 5 miles SW. of Tuam, N. co. Galway.
Castle Hall, eccl. dist. and vil., Stockport par., E.
Cheshire, on border of co., pop. 6788.
Castlehaven, creek, Tarbat par., NE. Ross-shire, at
extreme point of Tarbat peninsula.
Castlehaven, par. and vil. with harb., SW. co.
Cork, 5 miles SE. of Skibbereenry. sta., 10,542ac., pop.
3492. Off the coast are the rocks called the Stags of
Castle Head, wooded eminence, S. of Keswick, Cumb.
Castle Hedingham, par. and viL with ry. sta., E.
Essex, on river Colne, 5 miles N. of Halstead, 2438 ac.,
pop. 1040; P.O., T.o.
Castle Hewin, ancient stronghold, on N. side of
Blaze Fell, Cumberland.
Castle Hill.—seat, 2 miles NE. of Woburn, Bucks.—
2. Castle Hill, hamlet, on river Bray, 3¼ miles NW.
of South Molton, N. Devon; the castle, seat of Earl
Fortescue, is 1 mile NE.—3. Castle nill, sta. on the
Great Western Ry., Middlesex, 7 miles W. of Padding-
ton.—4. Castle Hill, in co. and 6 miles NW. of
Worcester; p.o. — 5. Castle Hill, place, Hascombe
par., W. Surrey, 4¼ miles SE. of Godalming.
CastlehUl.—in co. and 3 miles SE. of Inverness;
P.O.—2. Castlehill, vil., Carluke par., Lanarkshire,
pop. 485.—3. Castlehill, school, Kippen par., Stirling-
shire. — 4. Castlehill, name common to numerous
Scottish hills, now or formerly crowned with a castle.
Castle Hill Side, hamlet, Almondbury par., S. div.
West-Riding Yorkshire, 1 mile SE. of Huddersfield.
Castle Horneck, seat, near Penzance, W. CornwalL
Castle Howard, hamlet and sta., on branch of North-
Eastern Ry., 5 miles SW. of Malton, North-Riding
Yorkshire; P.O.; the castle, seat of the Earl of Carlisle,
is 2¼ miles N. of ry. sta.
Castle Howard, seat, 3 miles S. of Rathdrum, S. co.
Castle Home, seat, 4 miles NW. of Enniskillen,
mid. co. Fermanagh.
Castle Huntly, estate with old baronial mansion,
Longforgan par., SE. Perthshire, 7 m. W. of Dundee.
Castleinch, or Inchyolaghan, par., in co. and 2
miles SW. of Kilkenny, 2636 ac., pop. 191.
Castle Inn, par., in co. and near Brecknock, pop. 29.
Castle Island, island, in river Wansbeck, Bedlington
par., N. Northumberland.
Castle Island.—islet, off SE. side of Eigg island,
Small Isles par., Inverness-shire.—2. Castle Island,
islet, Loch Leven, Kinross-shire.—3. Castle Island,
islet, Loch Kinnord, SW. Aberdeenshire.
Castleisland.—town and par. with ry. sta., E. co.
Kerry, on river Maine, 11 miles SE. of Tralee and 204
miles SW. of Dublin by rail—par., 29,635 ac., pop.
6049 ; town, pop. 1466 ; P.O., T.o., 1 Bank. A butter
and egg market is held every Tuesday. The ruins of a
castle stand here on the banks of the river.—2. Castle-
island, island, in Roaring Water Bay, SW. co. Cork, 5
miles E. of Skull.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)