Clcobnry Mortimer, market town and par. with
ry. sta., S. Shropshire, on river Rea, 7\ miles NE. of
Tenbury and 132 miles NW. of London, 7127 ac., pop.
1581; P.O., T.o. Market-day, Wednesday; has trade
in coal, ironstone, and limestone.
Cleongar Hall, 2 miles NE. of Crewe, AY. Cheshire.
Clephantown, vil., on river Nairn, in co. and 6J
miles SW. of Nairn.
Clcpington Feus, N. suburb of Dundee.
Clercwoodcott, hamlet, Kingsclere par., N. Hants.
Clerihan, vil., 5 miles NW. of Clonmel, S. co.
Clerk Hill, seat, 1| mile E. of Whalley, Lancashire.
Clerk House, seat, 14 mile SW. of Sheffield, West-
Clerk Point, E. coast Devon, lJm.NE.of Teignmouth.
Clerkenwell, par., Middlesex, within Finsbury pari,
bor., London, 380 ac., pop. 69,076.
Clerkington, seat, in co.andljm. SW. of Haddington.
Clermiston, seat, in par. and § mile N. of Corstor-
Clermont, seat, 2 m. SW. of Watton, AY. Norfolk.
Clermont, seat of Lord Clermont, 4 miles S. of
Dundalk, mid. co. Louth.
Clestron, seat, sound, and skerries, in AY. of Orphir
par., SW. Pomona isl., Orkney, 15 m. SW. of Kirkwall.
Clett, rocky islet, Thurso par., N. Caithness-shire,
near Holburn Head.
Cletterwood, township, Buttington par., E. Mont-
gomeryshire, 2 miles E. of Welshpool, pop. 204.
Cletwr, affluent of river Teifi, S. Cardiganshire;
rises near Blaen Cletwr, and flows 10 miles S. to the
Teifi a little below Llanfihangel-ar-Arth.
Cleugli, rivulet, Sorn par., Ayrshire, running 4 miles
SW. to river Ayr.
Clcugliearn, seat of the Earl of Eglinton, in par.
and 5| miles S. of East Kilbride sta., NAV. Lanarkshire.
Cleve, 3 miles E. of Yatton sta., E. Somerset, in the
wooded valley of Cleve Combe; P.O. See Cleeve.
Cleve Court, seat, 4 miles SW. of Margate, E. Kent.
Cleve Hill.—seat, 5 miles NE. of Bristol, AY. Glou-
cestershire. — 2. Cleve Hill, seat, 2 miles SW. of
Ormskirk, SW. Lancashire. ■
Cleve House.—seat, near Exeter, E. Devon.—2.
Cleve House, seat, 5 miles S. of Devizes, N. Wilts.
Cleve Lodge, 54 miles NE. of Bristol, W. Gloucester.
Clevedon.—par., vil., and branch terminus of Bristol
and Exeter Ry., E. Somerset, 16 miles SW. of Bristol
and 134 miles W. of London, 2987 ac. land and 1080
water, pop. 4869; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks, 1 newspaper.
The vil., which is under a rocky height called Dial Hill,
1 mile from Bristol Channel, is a favourite watering-
place. Myrtle Cottage was for some time the resi-
dence of Coleridge (1772-1834), the poet. St Andrews
Church contains the tomb of Hallam (1777-1859), the
historian. On the pier head is a lighthouse, with fixed
light seen 7 miles. Clevedon Court, seat, of time of
Edward II., is 1 mile NE. of vil.—2. Clevedon, par.,
Somerset. See Milton-Clevedon.
Cleveland, dist., North-Riding Yorkshire, 28 miles
long and 15 miles broad; extends E. and AY. from
Yarm on the Tees to the coast at AVhitby, and N. and
S. from Redcar to the Cleveland Hills. It yields great
quantities of iron, which is manufactured chiefly at
Middlesbrough, on AY. border of dist. Cleveland gives
the title of Duke to the Vanes of Raby Castle.
Cleveland, Port, or Cargo Fleet, hamlet with ry.
sta. (Cargo Fleet), Ormesby par., North-Riding York-
shire, at mouth of river Tees, 14 m. S. of Middlesbrough.
Cleveland Division, pari. div. of North-Riding
Yorkshire, pop. 59,464.
Cleveland Wood, near Yentnor, Isle of AVight.
Clevelands, seat, near Bideford, N. Devon.
Cleveley, township, Garstang par., N. Lancashire,
on river Wyre, 4 miles NE. of Garstang, 620 ac., pop.
51.—2. Cleveley, liamlet, Enstone par., mid. Oxford-
shire, 54 miles NAY. of AVoodstock.
Cleveleys, ry. sta., 4 miles S. of Fleetwood, NE.
Cleveloade, hamlet, Powick par., in co. and 2 miles
S. of Worcester. See Madresfield with Cleveloade.
Cleverton, hamlet, Lea par., N. AYilts, 14 mile SE.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)