Cornwell, par., NW. Oxfordshire, 4 miles W. of
Chipping Norton, 849 ac., pop. 93; contains C. House.
Corn wood, par. and vil. with ry. sta., S. Devon, on
river Yealme, 84 miles NE. of Plymouth, 10,680 ac.,
pop. 1165 ; P.O.; the vil. is about 1 mile from sta.
Corn worthy, par., S. Devon, on river Dart, 4 miles
SE. of Totnes ry. sta., 2721 ac. (240 water), pop. 418.
Corobeg, school, Yalentia island, W. co. Kerry.
Corodale, cave, on E. side of S. Uist island, Outer
Hebrides, Inverness-shire ; for some days in 1746 it gave
shelter to Prince Charles Edward.
Corofin, vil., N. co. Cork; P.O. See Corrofin.
Coronary, school, Killashandra par., co. Cavan.
Corpacli, vil. with pier, on N. bend of Loch Eil, N.
Argyllshire, 2| miles N. of Port William.
Corpusty, par. and ry. sta., N. Norfolk, on river
Bure, 5| miles NAV. of Aylsham, 1018 ac., pop. 379.
Corr,"loch, Farr par.,, Sutherlandshire, 6miles SE. of
Altnaharrow inn at head of Loch Naver.
Corr, seat, 3 miles N- of Portumna, SE. 00. Galway.
Corra Linn, the second of the four Falls of Clyde,
in co. and 14 mile S. of Lanark. The river in its
ordinary state makes three distinct leaps, but when
swollen it forms one cataract of 84 ft. On the cliff
above the linn are the ruins of Corra Castle.
Corrachree, seat, 2 m. SW. of Tarland, Aberdeen.
Corran, headland, Cowall, Argyllshire, at deflection
of Loch Goil from Loch Long.
Corran.—bar., S. 00. Sligo, 45,376 ac., pop. 11,570,
—2. Corran, hill, N. co. Cork, 4 miles SE. of Castle-
townroche, alt. 1345 ft.—3. Corran, school, Lisnadill
par., mid. co. Armagh.
Corran Ferry, ferry across lower part of West Loch
Tarbert, Kintyre, Argyllshire.
Corran Yarrows—(N. and S.), strait, connecting
Loch Linnhe and Lower Loch Eil; (E. and W.), ferry,
between Corran Inn, Inverness-shire, 8| miles SAY. of
Fort William, and Ardgour hamlet, Argyllshire. Ad-
jacent to Ardgour hamlet, on Corran Point, is a
lighthouse, with fixed light (Corran Point) seen 11 miles.
Corramloo, hamlet and seat, 6 miles NE. of
Athenry, mid. co. Galway.
Corraneary, seatandlough, 6m. S. of Cootehill,Cavan.
Corrann, peninsula and hill (1781 ft.), W. co. Mayo,
opposite Achill island.
Correen, seat, S. co. Roscommon, 5 miles SE. of
Corrennie, hill-ridge and forest, on borders of Tough,
Cluny, and Kincardine 0 Neil pars., Aberdeen, 1621 ft.
Corrib, Lougli, partly in co. Mayo, but chiefly in co.
Galway; 25 miles long, 6 miles in extreme breadth, 1
mile wide at its middle, and 30 ft. above the sea. Next
to Lough Neagh it is the largest lough in Ireland; area,
43,484 ac. Its outlet, the river Corrib, runs about 4
miles SE. to Galway, and is now navigable. By this
channel a steamer jilies between Cong, situated at the
upper extremity of the lake, and the town of Galway.
Corricliie, Howe of, marshy hollow, on border of
Aberdeenshire and Kincardineshire, on SE. side of Hill
of Fare, 4 miles N. of Banchory; is traversed by
Corricliie Burn, flowing 7 m. NE. to Loch Drum ; was
the scene of a battle (1562) between the Earls of Moray
and Huntly, fought under the eye of Queen Mary.
Corridge, township, Hartburn par., S. Northumber-
land, 94 miles SW. of Morpeth, 335 ac., pop. 8.
Corric-.* See Corry-.
Corrie.—coast vil. with small harb. and quay, Kil-
bride par., E. Arran, Buteshire, 5 miles NE. of Brodick;
p.o. ; exports limestone and sandstone.—2. Corrie,
ancient par. of Annandale, NE. Dumfriesshire, now
annexed to Hutton, of which it forms the S. section.
See Hutton and Corrie. Corrie Water, flowing 7 m.
SAV., falls into the Water of Milk, 3 m. NE. of Lockerbie.
Corriegills, point, E. coast of Arran island, Bute-
shire, immediately S. of entrance to Brodick Bay.
Corrieknows, farm, 14 mile W. of Annan, Dum-
friesshire ; ancient weapons were found here, 1828.
Corriemonie, seat and school, at head of Glen Urqu-
hart, Inverness-shire, 9 miles W. of Drumnadrochit.
Corriemnclilocli, hamlet, Crieff par., mid. Perth-
shire, 14 mile SW. of Amulree.
Corrienmlzie, rivulet, Crathie and Braemar par.,
SW. Aberdeenshire, flowing 3 m. NAV. to r. Dee, 3 m.
SAV. of Castleton of Braemar; runs in a narrow ravine,
and has a descent of 1150 ft., forming a series of beauti-
ful cascades called the Falls of Corriemulzie.
Corries, affl. of r. Barrow, AV. co. Carlow; 10 m. long.
Corrievreckan, strait and whirlpool, between Jura
and Scarba islands, Inner Hebrides, Argyllshire.
Corriga, 12 m. from Killashandra, W. co. Cavan; P.O.
Corringham.—par., S. Essex, on river Thames, 74
miles SE. of Billericay, 2744 ac. (54 water), 419 ac.
tidal water and 274 foreshore, pop. 491.—2. Corring-
ham, wapentake, N. Lincolnshire, 44,579 ac., pop.
18,656; contains 14 pars, and parts of 2 others.—3.
Corringham, par., N. Lincolnshire, 5 miles E. of
Gainsborough, 6279 ac., pop. 744; P.O.; contains the
hamlets of Great and Little Corringham.
Corrins Tower, or Corrins Folly (50 ft. high, on
hill 500 ft.), landmark, near Peel, W. coast I. of Man.
Corris, eccl. dist. and vil. with ry. sta., Talyllyn
par., Merioneth, and Llanwrin par., Montgomeryshire,
pop. 2064. The vil. is 5 m. SAV. of Dolgelly; P.O., T.O.
Corris Cross, 4 miles from Bagnalstown, W. co.
Corrofin, vil., Killinaboy par., N. co. Clare, 8 miles
NW. of Ennis, pop. 579 : P.O., T.o. Market-day, Wed.
Corroge, par., inco. and nr. Tipperary, 868 ac., pop. 207.
Corrour and Lochtrcig, deer-forest, S. Inverness-
shire, near Loch Ericht, 14,540 ac.
Corry Pot, place with cascade, Applecross par., Ross.
Corryarrick, mountain range, peak, and pass, Inver-
ness-shire, dividing Glenmore and Upper Strathspey—
peak, 7 m. SE. of Fort Augustus, 2922 ft.; pass, 2507 ft.
Corrybeg, hamlet, Kilmalie par., N. Argyllshire, on
N. shore of Upper Loch Eil, 8 m. NW. of Fort AVilliam.
Corrybrough, seat, on river Findhorn, in co. and
16 miles SE. of Inverness.
CorrykaUie, deer-forest, Ross and Cromarty, 6781
ac.; post-town, Beauly.
Corryhoillie, deer-forest, Inverness-shire, 10,280 ac.;
post-town, Fort William.
Corryhabbie Hill, Banffshire, 74 miles SAV. of
Dufftown, alt. 2563 ft.
Corry varligan, mountain pass, on border of Ross and
Inverness, between Loch Hourn and Glen Shiel, 2000 ft.
Corsbie.—ruined tower, in par. and 14 mile NE. of
Legerwood, E. Berwickshire.—2. Corsbie, school, Pen-
ninghame par., NE. AVigtownshire.
Corscoinbe.—hamlet, Sampford Courtenay par., S.
Devon, 54 miles NE. of Okehampton. — 2. Cors-
conibe, par., Dorset, 4 miles NE. of Beaminster,
5003 ac., pop. 653; P.O.
Corse, par., in co. and 64 miles NW. of Gloucester,
2190 ac., pop. 513 ; P.O., called Corse Lawn.
Corse.—hill, rivulet, seat, and ruined castle, Coull
par., S. Aberdeenshire; Corse Hill, alt. 1383 ft., is
crowned with small cairns ; Corse Burn flows NE. to
Leochel Burn, between hill and Corse House, which is
34 miles NW. of Lumphanan ry. sta.; Corse Castle,
roofless, but comparatively entire, bears date 1581.—
2. Corse, seat and school, Forgue par., NW. Aberdeen-
shire, 5 miles E. of Huntly.—3. Corse, school, Leochel
and Cushnie par., mid. Aberdeenshire.
Corseglass, school, Dairy par., N. Kirkcudbright.
Corsehili, seat and ruined castle, Stewartonpar., Ayr.
Corsemili, or Crossmill, vil., Abbey par., Renfrew-
shire, on river Levern, 1 mile NE. of Barrhead.
Corsenside, par., S. Northumberland, on river Rede,
54 miles NE. of Bellingham, 11,504 ac., pop. 681.
Corsewall, headland, seat, and ruined castle, NAV.
AVigtownshire, on AV". shore of Loch Ryan, 6 m. NAV.
of Stranraer. On the headland is a lighthouse, with
revolving light 112 ft. above high water and seen 16 m.
Corsbam, or Corsbam Begis, market town and
par. with ry. sta., N. Wilts, 4 miles SW. of Chippen-
ham and 99 miles NAV. of London, 6498 ac., pop. 3747;
P.O., T.o., 2 Banks. Market-day, Wednesday; was a
residence of the Saxon kings; has freestone quarries;
contains Corsbam Court, seat of Lord Methuen, and
Corshain Side, hamlet and school.
Corsindae, school, Midinar par., S. Aberdeenshire.
Corskie, hill, Gartley par.., NW. Aberdeen, 1369 ft.