pop. 696, and the hamlet of Old Dailly. The par.
includes the islet of Ailsa Craig.
Dalrsle, par. and ry. sta., NE. Fifeshire, 3 miles
NE. of Cupar, 2555 ac., pop. 693; P.O.; contains the
vil. of Dairsiemuir, or Osnaburgh, 4 mile N. of sta.,
and Dalrsle Castle (where a parliament was held in
1335), a ruin on a rising ground near the Eden.
Dairycoates, hamlet, North Ferriby par., East-
Riding Yorkshire, 64 miles W. of Hull.
Dalsey Bank, ry. sta., 3 miles S. of Wolverhampton,
Daisy Field, ry. sta., in N. of Blackburn, Lancashire.
D aisy Hill, hamlet, m par. and near Bradford, "West-
Hal .1 See Del . and Dol .
Dalabasey, 3 miles from Balbriggan, co. Dublin; P.O.
Dalarossle, ancient par., NE. Inverness-shire, now
annexed to Moy : which see.
Dalavaddy, hamlet, Argyllshire. See Dalvaddy.
Balavlcb, ancient par., Lome, Argyllshire, now
annexed to Kilchrenan : which see.
Dalbarber, vil., 2 m. SW. of Methven, Perthshire.
Dalbeattie, town and quoad sacra par. with ry. sta.,
Urr par., S. Kirkcudbrightshire, 5J miles E. of Castle-
Douglas, 106 SE. of Glasgow, 108 SW. of Edinburgh,
and 339 NW. of London—town, pop. 3865; quoad sacra
par., 4140; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; stands on D. Burn,
about 1 mile from its influx to Urr Water, which is
navigable for small craft up to the town, and for large
vessels to Dub o Hass, 5 miles S. D. owes its pro-
sperity chiefly to the neighbouring quarries of Craignair,
which have furnished granite for the Liverpool Docks,
the Thames Embankment, &c. It has extensive granite-
polishing works, bone-mills and paper-mills, dyeworks,
concrete works, and bobbin, saw, and flour mills.
Dalblalr, place, Auchinleck par., E. Ayrshire, in
vale of Glenmuirshaw.
Dalbrcck Lodge, Strathconan, Ross-shire, 17 miles
W. of Muir of Ord ry. sta.
Dalbnry, par., in co. and 54 miles SW. of Derby,
1192 ac., pop. 198; contains Dalbury Lees, hamlet
with school; P.O.
Dalbwba, vil., Nantcwnlle par., Cardiganshire, 64
miles N. of Lampeter.
Dalby.—par., mid. Lincolnshire, 3 miles NE. of
Spilsby, 1020 ac., pop. 152.—2. Dalby, vil., Patrick
par., Isle of Man, 4 miles S. of Peel, pop. 319; near
the vil. is the headland of Dalby Point.
Dalby, Great, par. and ry. sta., N. Leicestershire,
3 miles SW. of Melton Mowbray, 2328 ac., pop. 455;
P.O.; contains Dalby HaU.
Dalby, Hlgb, hamlet, 4 miles NE. of Pickermg,
Dalby, Little, par., N. Leicestershire, 34 miles SE.
of Melton Mowbray, 1848 ac., pop. 154; P.O.
Dalby on the Wolds, par., N. Leicestershire, 64
miles NW. of Melton Mowbray, 3430 ac., pop. 335.
Dalby with Skewsby, par., North-Riding York-
shire, 34 miles SE. of Hovingham ry. sta., 1347 ac.,
Dalcairnle Linn, waterfall, on D. Burn, Straiton
par., Ayrshire; makes a leap of over 60 ft.; the Dal-
cairnie Burn falls into Loch Bogton, f mile SW.
Dalcapon, barony, forming detached section of Dun-
keld and Dowally par., Perthshire; contains Dalcapon
Mains, vil., on left bank of the Tummel, 14 mile N.
of Ballinluig Junction.
Dalchonzie, seat, in par. and 14 mile W. of Comrie,
Perthshire, on right bank of river Earn.
Dalchork, seat, in Strath Tirry, Sutherlandshire,
34 miles NW. of Lairg.
Dalchosnie, seat, NW. Perthshire, near river Tum-
mel, 14 mile SE. of Kinloch Rannoch ; the property of
the chief of the M‘Donalds of Keppoch.
Dalchreicbard, hamlet with school, Glen Moriston,
Inverness-shire, 1 mile W. of Torgoyle Bridge.
Dalcross, ancient par. (now united with Croy) and
ry. sta., in co. and 6f miles NE. of Inverness; 2 miles
SE. of sta. are the ruins of Dalcross Castle (1621).
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)