Duncans Hill, mound, with traces of ancient for-
tification, Perthshire, in S. vicinity of Dunkeld.
Dnncansltay Head, prom., Caithness-shire, 184
miles N. of Wick, forming NE. extremity of Scottish
mainland, alt. 210 ft. ; 1 mile S. are Dnncansbay
Stacks, 3 rocks detached from the mainland.
Duneansburgh, quoad sacra par., Kilmalie par., N.
Inverness-shire, pop. 1991; includes Fort William.
Huncanstone, hamlet, Leslie par., Aberdeenshire, 3
miles SW. of Insch ry. sta. ; P.O.
Dnncanstown, hamlet, in detached part of Nairn,
34 miles NE. of Conon ry. sta.; P.O.
Buncarbcry Castle, a ruin, near Tullaghan, on N.
border of co. Leitrim.
Duncbarloway, ruined circular fortification, Lochs
par., Lewis island, Outer Hebrides.
Hiincblfie, ruined fortification, near the middle of
Gigha island, Argyllshire.
Dnncbidcock, par., E. Devon, 4 miles SW. of
Exeter, 5948 ac., pop. 146; P.O.
Dunchnrcli, par., township, and vil. with ry. sta.,
N. Warwickshire, 3 miles SAV. of Rugby-—par., 4846
ac., pop. 1313; township, pop. 992; P.O., T.o.
Dnnclent, hamlet, nr. Kidderminster, AVorcestershire.
Buncoats, hamlet, in par. and 2 miles E. of Howden,
Diincomb, conical hill, Dumbartonshire, 3J miles
NW. of Duntocher.
Bnncombe Park, seat (1718) of Lord Feversham,
near Helmsley, North-Riding Yorkshire; was designed
by Sir John Vanbrugh, and contains a large and valu-
able collection of sculptures and paintings.
Dunconnlck, par. and vil., S. co. AYexford, 12 miles
SW. of Wexford ry. sta.—par., 5710 ac., pop. 1076;
vil., pop. 201; P.O.
Dnncote, hamlet, Greens Norton par., S. Northamp-
tonshire, 2 miles NW. of Towcester.
Duncow, vil., in co. and 5 miles N. of Dumfries;
P.O.; Duncow Burn flows 8 miles SE. to the Nith, 3
miles N. of Dumfries.
Duncraggan, near Brig of Turk, 6 miles W. of Cal-
lander, SAAL Perthshire ; occurs in the Lady of the Lake.
Dnncralg, seat, SW. Ross-shire, on Loch Carron, 4
miles SAY. of Strome Ferry.
Duncrcvie, vil., 34 miles NE. of Milnathort, Kin-
ross ; in vicinity is Duncrcvie House.
Duncroft House, seat, near Staines, Middlesex.
Duncrub, or Duncruib, seat of Lord Rollo, 1 mile
SE. of Dunning sta., SE. Perthshire.
Duncruc, place with salt mines, near Carrickfergus,
E. co. Antrim.
Duncryne, hamlet and hill (462 ft.), Dumbarton-
shire, 4 miles NE. of Balloch pier.
Duncton, par. and hamlet, AY. Sussex, 2 miles SAY.
of Petworth ry. sta., 1360 ac., pop. 268 ; P.O.
Dundalf Hills, hill-range (forming NE. section of
the Lennox Hills) and peak, in co. and 7 miles SW. of
Stirling, alt. of peak, 1157 ft.
Dimdaff Linn, the third of the four falls of the
Clyde, in co. and 1 mile S. of Lanark.
Dundalav, hill, S. Inverness-shire, 34 miles NE. of
foot of Loch Laggan; is crowned with remains of one
of the most remarkable of the Caledonian forts.
Dundalk, cap. of county, seaport town, market town,
par., and township, N. co. Louth, in E. of Upper Dun-
dalk barony, on r. Castletown, near Dundalk Bay, 55 m.
N. of Dublin and 58 S. of Belfast by rail—par., 6332 ac.,
pop. 13,703 ; township and town, 1386 ac., pop. 11,913;
3 Banks, 3 newspapers. Market-day, Mon. Dundalk
is > well-built and thriving town. It carries on an
active export trade with Liverpool and other ports;
and by a branch line of railway to Greenore Harbour,
10 miles to the E. on Carlingford Lough, it maintains
regular communication by steamer with Holyhead, the
sea passage being 79 miles. The exports are grain,
provisions, and live stock. (For shipping statistics,
see Appendix.) Tanning, ironfounding, flax-spinning,
and shipbuilding are carried on. There is 1 distillery.
There are also mfrs. of salt, soap, candles, and leather.
At entrance of channel is a lighthouse, with flashing
light seen 9 miles. D. returned 1 member until 1885.
Dundalk, IJpjier and Lower, 2 bars., N. co. Louth,
37,854 ac., pop. 11,996 ; and 30,897 ac., pop. 21,254.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)