town of Prescot but mostly in the mun. bor. of St
Helens, 3569 ac., pop. 18,026; burghalpart, pop. 15,202.
Eccleston, Great, township, St Michael-on-Wyre
par., N. Lancashire, 54 miles SW. of Garstang, 1469
ac., pop. 628; P.O., T.O.
Eccleston, Little, with larbreck, township, Kirk-
ham par., N. Lancashire, 6 miles NE. of Kirkham,
1280 ac. (148 water), pop. 197.
Eccleston Green, 3 miles W. of Chorley, N. Lanca-
Eeclesville, seat, near Fintona, S. co. Tyrone.
Eccleswall, hamlet, 3 miles SE. of Ross, Hereford.
Eccup, hamlet, Adel par., E. div. West-Riding
Yorkshire. See Adel cum Eccup.
Echo Bank, in SE. of city of Edinburgh.
Echt, par. and vil., SE. Aberdeenshire—par., 11,948
ac., pop. 1297; vil., 6 miles NW. of Park sta. and 12
W. of Aberdeen ; P.O., 1 Bank; has numerous fairs for
cattle and horses.
Eck, loch, Cowall dist., Argyllshire ; 6 miles long.
Eckford, par. and vil., Roxburghshire—par., 9997
ac., pop. 912; the vil. stands near the confluence of
Kale Water and the Teviot, 6 miles S. of Kelso.
Eckington.—par. and vil. with ry. sta., E. Derby-
shire, on river Rother, 6 miles SE. of Sheffield, 7125
ac. (45 water), pop. 11,094; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank.—2.
Eckington, par. and ry. sta., on river Avon, in co. and
9 miles SE. of Worcester, 2260 ac., pop. 673 ; P.O.
Ecklands, hamlet, Penistone par., S. div. West-
Ecling Hill, vil., 3 miles N. of Hythe, E. Kent.
Ecrehou Bocks, 4 miles off N. coast of Jersey,
Channel Islands, opposite Bouley Bay.
Ecton.—par., in co. and 6 miles NW. of North-
ampton, 1790 ac., pop. 618; P.O.; contains Ecton Hail.
—2. Ecton, hamlet, Wetton par., N. Staffordshire,
84 miles E. of Leek.
Ecton Hill, on border of Staffordshire and Derby-
shire, 4 miles SE. of Longnor; has a copper mine
(1400 ft. deep), now flooded.
Edale.—township, in par. and 2 m. NW. of Castleton,
N. Derbyshire, on river Edale, 7043 ac. (23 water), pop.
335.—2. Edale, stream, N. Derbyshire; rises near Edale
Rocks, in High Peak, and joins river Noe at Edale-End.
Eday, island (74 miles by 24 miles), Stronsay and
Eday par., Orkney, pop. 730; P.O.; has sheep-farming;
sandstone of excellent quality is quarried and exported;
Fersness Bay and Calf Sound are good natural harbs.
Edburton, par. and hamlet, W. Sussex, on South
Downs, 3 miles E. of Steyning, 2647 ac., pop. 341.
Eddcrnish, island, AV. co. Donegal, between Rut-
land island and the mainland.
Edderton, hamlet, Forden par., in co. and 2 miles
N. of Montgomery.
Edderton, par. and ry. sta., NE. Ross-shire, on S.
shore of Dornoch Firth, 22,120 ac., pop. 789; P.O.; the
sta. is 54 miles NW. of Tain.
Eddisbury Division, pari. div. of Cheshire, pop.
Eddisbury.—hundred, W. Cheshire, 91,774 ac., pop.
36,073; contains 11 pars, and parts of 6 others.—2.
Eddisbury, township, Delamere par., W. Cheshire, 7
miles SW. of Northwich, 2085 ac., pop. 246.
Eddlestone (Eadulfs Town), par. and vil. with ry.
sta. (Eddleston), Peeblesshire—par., 18,490 ac., pop.
711; vil., on Eddlestone Water, 4J miles N. of Peebles ;
P.O., called Eddleston; Eddlestone Water flows 9
miles S. to the Tweed at Peebles.
Eddletborpe, .township, Westow par., East-Riding
Yorkshire, 3 miles SW. of Malton, 717 ac., pop. 56.
Eddlewood Colliery, 14 m. S. of Hamilton, Lanark.
Eddrachalda, ruined seat of the Mackenzies of
Assynt, on N. bank of Loch Assynt, SW. Sutherland.
Eddracblllis, coast par., AY. Sutherland, 135,555 ac.,
pop. 1525; the surface is very rugged, and is devoted
chiefly to sheep-walks and deer-forest; Eddracblllis
Bay, from Badcall (where the par. church is situated)
to Drumbag, is studded with islets.
Eddy, island, at head of Galway Bay, co. Galway.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)