Enchar, stream, Argyllshire ; issues from Loch
Scamadale and flows 4 miles AY. and N. through Glen
Euchar to Loch Feochan at Kilninver.
Eunuch, Loch, near head of Glen Eunach, E. Inver-
ness-shire, on AV. side of Braeriach.
Euscmere Villa, seat, on E. side of Ullswater,
Westmorland, 6 miles SAY. of Penrith.
Elision.—par., W. Suffolk, onr. Little Ouse,44m. SE.
of Thetford, 3659 ac., pop. 234; contains Euston Hall,
seat of the Duke of Grafton.—2. Euston, terminus of
London and North-AVestern Ry., in N. of London.
Euxton, township and ry. sta., Layland par., N.
Lancashire, 74 miles N. of AVigan, 2934 ac., pop. 1147 ;
P.O.; contains Euxton Hall.
Evan Water; rises in Crawford par., Lanarkshire,
and flows 12 miles SE. to the Annan 2 miles SE. of
Evaneoyd, eccl. dist. and seat, Old Radnor par.,
Radnorshire, pop. 316.
Evanton, vil. with inn, Kiltearn par., Ross-shire,
64 miles NE. of Dingwall, near Cromarty Firth and
Novar sta., pop. 436; P.O., T.o.; has half-yearly fairs.
Eve Hill, eccl. dist., Dudley par. and bor., E. AYor-
cestershire, pop. 7358.
Evedon, par., S. Lincolnshire, 24 miles NE. of Slea-
ford, 1333 ac., pop. 73.
Evelaw (popularly Ivelaw), old Border tower, West-
ruther par., Berwickshire, 104 miles NE. of Lauder.
Evellck, hamlet, near Pole Hill, in co. and 5 miles
NE. of Perth; in vicinity are the ruins of Evellck
Castle, ancient seat of the Lindsays, knights of Evelick.
Evellth, hamlet and seat, 14 mile S. of Shifnal, S.
EveUx, river, SE. Sutherlandshire; issues from Loch
an Lagain and flows SE. to the Dornoch Firth at Meikle
Ferry; is 13 miles long.
Even Swindon, hamlet, Rodborne Cheney par., N.
Wilts, 2 miles NW. of Swindon.
Evencdinc, hamlet, near Malvern Hills, E. Hereford-
shire, 4 miles NE. of Ledbury.
Evenjobb, Newcastle, Borland, and Bnrfa, town-
ship, Old Radnor par., Radnorshire, 44 miles NAY. of
Kington, pop. 316; P.O., called Evenjobb; contains
Evenley, par., S. Northampton, on r. Ouse, 1 m. S.
of Brackley, 3104 ac., pop. 501; P.O.; contains E, Hall,
Evenlode.—river, Gloucester and Oxford; rises near
Longborough in Gloucestershire, and flows SE. past
Kingham and Charlbury to the Thames near Cassing-
ton; is 35 m. long.—2. Evenlode, par., E. Worcester,
3 miles NE. of Stow on the Wold, 1563 ac., pop. 264.
Evenwood, eccl. dist. and vil. with ry. sta., Auck-
land St Helen par., S. Durham—dist., pop. 1953; vil.,
5 m. SW. of Bishop Auckland; P.O., T.O.; has coal mines.
Evenwood and Barony, township (ry. sta. Even-
wood), Auckland St Helen par., S. Durham, 5433 ac.,
Evercreech, par. and vil. with ry. sta. (Evercreech
New), mid. Somerset, 2 miles NW. of Evercreech
Junction and 34 miles SE. of Shepton Mallet, 4078 ac.,
pop. 1126; P.O., T.O.
Ever*—eech Junction, 9 miles E. of Glastonbury,
Everson, par., S. Northamptonshire, 4 miles SE. of
Daventry, 1900 ac., pop. 565; P.O.; contains E. Hall.
Everlngham, par. and ry. sta., East-Riding York-
shire, 5 miles NW. of Market Weighton, 2980 ac., pop.
263 ; P.O. ; contains Everlngham Fark.
Everlands, seat, near Sevenoaks, Kent.
Everley.—par. and vil., S. Wilts, on Salisbury Plain,
44 miles NAY. of Ludgershall, 3275 ac., pop. 354; con-
tains Everley Manor.—2. Everley, hamlet, Hackness
par., North-Riding Yorkshire, 5 miles W. of Scar-
borough. See Suffield cum Everley.
Eversden, Great, par., SW. Cambridgeshire, 5 miles
SE. of Caxton, 1200 ac., pop. 269; P.O.
Eversden, Little, par., SW. Cambridgeshire, -54miles
SE. of Caxton, 670 ac., pop. 212.
Evershead Bough, place, near Abinger, W. Surrey;
has a memorial cross to Bishop Wilberforce, accident-
ally killed here in 1873.
Eversholt, par., SW. Bedfordshire, 24 miles SE. of
Woburn, 2119 ac., pop. 768; P.O.
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)