Gareloeh-Head, quoad sacra par. and vil. with pier
and hotel, Roseneath and Row pars., Dumbartonshire
—par., pop. 751; vil., at head of Gare Loch, 74 miles
NW. of Helensburgh sta., pop. 460; P.O., T.O.
Garendon, par., N. Leicestershire, 2 miles W. of
Loughborough, 1270 ac., pop. 40; contains the seat of
Garf Water, left affluent of the Clyde, Wiston and
Roberton par., Lanarkshire, near Lamington sta.
Garfarran Feel, Stirlingshire. See Dartfarran.
Garff, sheading, N. div. Isle of Man, comprising
Maughold and Lonan pars.
Garfinny, par., W. co. Kerry, 2 miles NE. of Dingle,
3915 ac., pop. 460.
Garford, township, Marcham par., Berks, on river
Ock, 44 miles SW. of Abingdon, 1055 ac., pop. 164.
Garfortli, par., township, and vil. with ry. sta., E.
div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 7 miles E. of Leeds—par.,
2373 ac. (including part of Ansthorp in Whitkirk par.),
pop. 2241; township, 1517ac., pop. 2213 ; P.O., T.O.; the
par. contains the hamlets of Church Garfortli, East
Garfortli, Moor Garforth, and West Garfortli; here
also is Garforth Colliery, and school.
Gargrave, par., township, and vil. with ry. sta., N.
div. West-Riding Yorkshire, on river Aire, 4 miles NW.
of Skipton—par., 11,668 ac., pop. 1916; township, 2541
ac., pop. 1287 ; P.O., t.o. ; in vicinity of vil. is the seat
of Gargrave House.
Gargnnnock, par. and vil. with ry. sta., in co. and
54 miles W. of Stirling, 9859 ac., pop. 698 ; P.O., T.o.;
in vicinity is Gargnnnock House; 2 miles SW. are
the Gargnnnock BIllls, alt. 1591 ft.; 1 mile NE. stood
Garianonuin, Roman camp at Burgh, in vicinity of
Yarmouth, N. Norfolk; one of the most perfect of its
kind in the country.
Garifad, vil., Skye island. See Garrafad.
Garinish.—island in Kenmare River, Kilcrohane
par., SW. co. Cork, 57 ac., pop. 4.—2. Garinish,
headland, on S. side of entrance of Kenmare River,
SW. co. Cork.—3. Garinish, island in Bantry Bay,
Kilcaskan par., SAY. co. Cork, 36 ac., pop. 11.
Garioch, dist., mid. Aberdeenshire ; is bounded by
Formartine, Mar, and Strathbogie, and contains 15 pars.
Garioch, Chapel of. See Chapel of Carioch.
Garleton Hills, in co. and 14 mile N. of Hadding-
ton, alt. 600 ft.; crowned by the Hopetoun Monument;
at N. base are the ruins of Garleton Castle.
Garlics Castle (13th century), ruin, Minnigaff par.,
Kirkcudbright, 24 miles N. of Newton-Stewart; was
the seat of the ancestors of the Earl of Galloway, to
whom it gives the title of baron.
Garlieston (or Garliestown), small seaport with ry.
sta., on Garlieston Bay, in co. and 9J miles SE. of
Wigtown, pop. 699; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; Garlieston
Bay, 4 mile broad at entrance, has good anchorage.
Gariinge, hamlet, 1 m. SAY. of Margate, E. Kent; P.O.
Garlinge Green, hamlet, Petham par., E. Kent, 3
miles SW. of Canterbury.
Garlinnick, seat, 1 mile N. of Grampound, W.
Cornwall; in vicinity is a Roman camp.
Garlogie, vil. with woollen mill, Skene par., in co.
and 10 miles W. of Aberdeen.
Gariowcross, 5 miles from Navan, co. Meath; P.O.
Garmeiow, hamlet, in par. and 1 mile SW. of
Eccleshall, W. Staffordshire.
Garmond, vil., Monquhitter par., Aberdeenshire, 54
miles NE. of Turriff.
Garmondsway Moor, township, Bishop Middleham
par., in co. and 64 miles SE. of Durham, 1149 ac.,
Gar mouth, seaport vil. with ry. sta., near mouth of
river Spey, in co. and 8| miles E. of Elgin, pop. 626 ;
P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; has trade in timber, some ship-
building, and a salmon fishery. Garmouth is a burgh
of barony under the Duke of Richmond and Cordon.
Garn, hamlet, Llanfor par., Merioneth, 1 mile NE.
of Bala. . .
Garn Dolbenmaen, 44 miles NW. of Tremadoc,
Carnarvonshire ; P.O. See Dolbenmaen.
Garnant, mining place with ry. sta., on SE. border
of Carmarthenshire, 54 miles NE. of Pantyffynnon
Junction, and 17 miles NE. of Llanelly.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)