Haven Cliff, lofty height, and seat, on Axe estnary,
E. Devon, 2 miles SW. of Axmouth.
Haven Street, eccl. dist. and hamlet with ry. sta.,
Arreton and Ryde pars., Isle of Wight—dist., pop.
408 ; hamlet, 3 miles SW. of Ryde ; P.O.
Havengore, or Havengore Island, par. and small
island, S. Essex, at mouth of river Thames, 6J miles
SE. of Rochford, 299 ac. and 1406 foreshore, pop. 31.
Haverah Park, township, Hampsthwaite par., E.
div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 34 miles W. of Harrogate,
2245 ac., pop. 64.
Haverbrack, township, Beetham par., Westmorland,
on river Kent, 14 m. SW. of Milnthorpe, 658 ac., pop. 120.
Havercroft, hamlet, Batley par., S. div. West-
Riding Yorkshire, near Dewsbury.
Havercroft with Cold Hiendley, township, Fel-
kirk par., S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 64 miles NE.
of Barnsley, 1364 ac., pop. 486.
Haverfordwest, pari, and mun. bor., river port,
co. town of Pembrokeshire, and co. of itself, on river
West Cleddaw, 10 miles NE. of Milford by rail and
275 NW. of London, 1430 ac., pop. 6398 ; P.O., T.O., 3
Banks. Market-day, Saturday. The Welsh name of
the town is Hwlffordd. It was formerly walled and
fortified, and has ruins of a priory erected or endowed
in the 12th century. The Flemings settled here in
1105. Paper-making is the principal industry. Coal
and agricultural produce are exported. The Haverford-
west Boroughs (Haverfordwest, Fishguard, and Nar-
berth), since 1885, form part of the Pembroke
Boroughs, which return 1 member to Parliament.
Havcrgate Island, par., E. Suffolk, near Crouch
Harbour, separated from mainland by narrow belt of
water, 264 ac. and 168 tidal water and foreshore, pop. 6.
Haverhill, market town and par., partly in Essex
but chiefly in Suffolk, 15 miles W. of Long Melford by
rail, 2545 ac., pop. 3685 ; P.O., T.o., 2 Banks. Market-
day, Friday ; mfr. of silk umbrella covers.
Haverholme Priory, par., S. Lincolnshire, 291 ac.,
pop. 21; an ancient mansion, seat of Dowager Countess
of Winchester, occupies the site of the monastery (1139)
which once stood here.
Havering-atte-Bower, liberty, par., and vil., S.
Essex, near Hainault Forest, 3 miles NE. of Romford—
liberty, 16,301 ac., pop. 12,311; par., 2093 ac., pop.
437; P.O., T.o., called Havering; has some traces of
a royal palace in which Edward the Confessor resided.
H averingland, par., N. Norfolk, 8 miles NAY. of
Norwich, 2062 ac., pop. 116; P.O.; contains the seat of
Havering well, hamlet, Hornchurch par., S. Essex,
14 mile SE. of Romford.
Haversham, par., N. Bucks, on river Ouse, 3 miles
SW. of Newport Pagnell, 1634 ac., pop. 237.
Haverstock Hill, ry. sta. and suburb of London, St
Pancras and Hampstead pars., Middlesex, pop. 21,941;
the sta. is 24 miles NAY. of St Pancras sta.
Haverthwaite, eccl. dist. and vil. with ry. sta.,
Cartmel and Colton pars., N. Lancashire—dist., pop.
867; vil., 74 miles NE. of Ulverston sta.; P.O., t.o.
Haverton Hill, eccl. dist. and ry. sta., Billingham
par., S. Durham—dist., pop. 1703; sta., 2£ miles SE.
of Billingham Junction.
Haveton, vil., in N. of South Ronaldshay island,
Orkney, on St Margarets Hope, 13 m. S. of Kirkwall.
Havett, hamlet, Glastonbury par., mid. Somerset.
Havllland Hall, seat, Guernsey, Channel Islands.
Havod, ry. sta., 2 miles NW. of Pontypridd Junc-
tion, Glamorgan; P.O., called Hafod.
Havodgynf'awr, hamlet, in par. and near Llangollen,
Havre Gosselin, bay, on AY. of Sark, Channel
Islands; has numerous fine caves.
Haw. — hamlet, Tirley par., E. Gloucestershire, 4
miles SW. of Tewkesbury ; Haw Bridge (1825) in
vicinity cost £25,000.—2. Haw, hamlet, in par. and
E. vicinity of Herne, E. Kent.
Haw, New, vil., Chertsey par., W. Surrey, 2 miles
from Addlestone sta.; P.O.
Haw Bank, limestone quarries, 14 mile from Skipton,
Haw Point, extreme SE. point of Isle of Walney,
Morecambe Bay, N. Lancashire ; has a lighthouse 00 ft.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)