Hawkesyard, seat, near Rugeley, W. Staffordshire.
Hawkham Street, hamlet, 3 miles SE. of Hailsham,
ISawkliead House, seat of the Earl of Glasgow,
Abbey par., Renfrewshire, on the White Cart, 2 miles
SE. of Paisley.
Hawkhill, hamlet, Lesbury par., N. Northumber-
land, on river Alne, 24 miles SE. of Alnwick.
Hawkhill, dist. in W. of Dundee; P.O.
Hawkhill House, Bracadale par., Skye island, near
Carbost, 18 miles SW. of Portree.
Hawkhouse Green, hamlet, Kirk Bramwith par.,
E. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 4 miles W. of Thorne.
Hawkhurst, par. and vil., partly in E. Sussex, but
chiefly in mid. Kent, 4 miles SW. of Cranbrook, 6529
ac., pop. 3097; P.O., T.o., 1 Bank.
Hawkinge, par., E. Kent, 2 miles N. of Folkestone,
522 ac., pop. 113 ; P.O.
Hawkley, par., N. Hants, 34 miles N. of Petersfield,
1446 ac., pop. 302; P.O.; contains the seat of Hawk-
Hawkridgc.—tithing, Bucklebury par., Berks, 6|
miles NE. of Newbury.—2. Hawkridge, par. and
hamlet, W. Somerset, 4 miles NW. of Dulverton, 3725
ac., pop. 90; P.O.
Hawks Tor, hill, E. Cornwall, 74 miles SW. of
Launceston, alt. 900 ft.
Hawksdown, hill, E. Devon, near Axmouth ; has a
Hawkshaw, stream (affluent of river Tweed) and
vestiges of ancient castle, Tweedsmuir par., Peebles.
Hawkshaw Lane, school, Bury dist., SE. Lancashire.
Hawkshead, small town and par., N. Lancashire, at
head of Esthwaite, 5 miles SW. of Ambleside, 22,330
ac. (640 water), pop. 2204 ; P.O., T.O.; is an ancient and
irregularly built town, possessing a grammar school
founded by Archbishop Sandys, at which Wordsworth
the poet was educated; the church, founded at the
time of the Conquest, retains much of its original
masonry; in vicinity of town is Hawkshead Hall,
where the abbots of Furness held their manor courts.
Hawkshead with Monk-Conlston and Skelwith,
township, Hawkshead par., N. Lancashire, 10,429 ac.
(368 water), pop. 1205.
Hawksland, school, in par. and 24 miles E. of
Hawkspnr Green, hamlet, Little Bardfield par., W.
Essex, 14 mile NW. of Great Bardfield.
Hawkstone, hamlet, Hoduet par., N. Shropshire, 4
miles NE. of Wem; in vicinity is Hawkstone Park,
seat of Viscount Hill.
Hawkstone Honse, St Madoes par., E. Perthshire,
I mile from Glencarse sta.
Hawkswell, hamlet, 2 miles SE. of Coleshill, N.
Hawkswick, township, Arncliffe par., N. div. West-
Riding Yorkshire, on river Wharfe, 9 miles NE. of
Settle, 3028 ac., pop. 51.
Hawksworth.—par., S. Notts, 5 miles NE. of Bing-
ham, 720 ac., pop. 158.—2. Hawksworth, township
and vil., in par. and 3 miles SW. of 'Otley, E. div.
West-Riding Yorkshire, 2462 ac., pop. 215 ; in vicinity
is the seat of Hawksworth Hall.
Hawkwell.—par., S. Essex, 14 mile NW. of Roch-
ford, 1365 ac., pop. 269.—2. Hawkwell, township,
Stamfordham par., S. Northumberland, on river Pont,
II miles NE. of Hexham, 592 ac., pop. 127. — 3.
HawkweU, hamlet, Oxfordshire, 2 miles NW. of
Hawkwood, manor, Sible Hedingham par., E.
Essex, 4 miles NW. of Halstead.
Hawl Gill, ravine, W. Cumberland, near foot of
Wast Water; contains a vein of spicular iron ore and
Hawley, eccl. dist. and vil., Yateley par., N. Hants
—dist., pop. 783; vil., 8 miles NE. of Farnham ; P.O.;
in vicinity is the seat of Hawley Honse.
Hawley Paper Hills, in par. and 14 mile N. of
Sutton-at-Hone, W. Kent.
Hawley and Minley, township, Yateley par., N.
Hants, 4948 ac. (85 water), pop. 1125.
Hawling, par. and vil., E. Gloucestershire, 44 miles
SE. of Winchcomb, 1846 ac., pop. 154.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)