Hay Stacks, mountain, W. Cumberland, If mile
SE. of Buttermere.
Haycock, mountain, AV". Cumberland, between Enner-
dale AYater and AYast AYater, alt. 2619 ft.
Haycrof, vil., AYortb Matravers par., Dorset, 3
miles S. of Corfe Castle.
Hayden, hamlet, Boddington and Staverton pars.,
E. Gloucestershire, 4 miles NAY. of Cheltenham.
Haydens Lane, ry. sta., 1 mile NE. of AYimbledon
sta., mid. Surrey.
Haydock, township and vil., Ashton in Makerfield
par., SAY. Lancashire, 34 miles NE. of St Helens, 2409
ac., pop. 5863; P.O., T.O.; has ironfounding and exten-
sive collieries ; in vicinity is Haydock Lodge, now used
as a lunatic asylum.
Haydock Grange, seat, near AYarrington Junction,
Haydon.—par., N. Dorset, 24 miles SE. of Sher-
borne, 632 ac., pop. 101. — 2. Haydon, township,
AYarden par., S. Northumberland, 6 miles AY. of
Hexham, 14,339 ac. (183 water), pop. 2365. — 3.
Haydon, hamlet, AY. Somerset, within Taunton bor.
Haydon and Haydon Wick, 2 hamlets, Rodborne
Cheney par., N. AYilts, 4 miles NAY. of Swindon.
Haydon Bridge, small town with ry. sta., AYarden
par., S. Northumberland, on both sides of river South
Tyne, 74 miles AY. of Hexham, pop. 2388; P.O., T.O.;
smelting works and iron and brass foundries are in
Haydon Hill, eminence, on E. border of S. AYilts,
1 mile N. of Chute ; has traces of ancient earthwork.
Haydor (or Heydour), par. and township, S. Lin-
colnshire, 6 miles NE. of Grantham—par., 5140 ac.,
pop. 547 ; township, 3140 ac., pop. 363.
Haye Park, seat, on N. border of Herefordshire, 2
miles SAY. of Ludlow.
Haye du Pnits, ancient mansion, 2 miles NAY. of St
Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands.
Hayes.—hamlet, Ashreigney par., N. Devon, 4 miles
AY. of Chulmleigh.—2. Hayes, place, Todbere par.,
Dorset, 5 miles SAY. of Shaftesbury.—3. Hayes, par.
and vil. with ry. sta., AY. Kent, 4 miles SE. of Becken-
ham, 1282 ac., pop. 694; P.O. ; Hayes Place, near the
church, was the seat of the Earl of Chatham, and
birthplace of his son AYilliam Pitt (1759-1806); Hayes
Common (220 ac.) lies to S. of vil.—4. Hayes, par.,
township, and vil. with ry. sta., Middlesex, 3 miles
SE. of Uxbridge and 10| miles AY. of London—par.,
5772 ac., pop. 9572; township, 3311 ac., pop. 2891;
P.O., T.O.; brickmaking is the local industry. — 5.
Hayes, hamlet, AYorthen par., S. Shropshire, on river
Rea, 12 miles SAY. of Shrewsbury.—6. Hayes, ancient
seat in vicinity of Oswestry, N. Shropshire.
Hayes, seat, 4 m. NE. of Navan, mid. co. Meath; P.O.
Hayes, Great, vil., Ashreigney par., N. Devon, near
Hayes Barton, old seat, East Budleigh par., E.
Devon, 4 miles SAY. of Sidmouth ; was the birthplace
of Sir AYalter Raleigh (1552-1618), statesman and his-
torian, and is now a farmhouse; Hayes Wood, in
vicinity, is a popular resort of pleasure-seekers.
Hayes Castle, ruined seat of the Moresby family,
near the coast of Cumberland, 34 m. NE. of AVhitehaven.
Hayes End, hamlet, Hayes par., Middlesex, 1 mile
NAY. of Hayes sta.; P.O.
Hayes Park, seat of the Marquis of Donegall, N. co.
Down, in neighbourhood of Belfast.
Hayeswater, small lake, AYestmorland, on AY. side
of High Street Mountain, 5 miles AY. of Shap.
Hayfield, township and vil. with ry. sta., Glossop
par., N. Derbyshire, near AY. border of co. and 9 m. SE.
of Stockport, 7920 ac., pop. 2801; P.O., t.o., 1 Bank.
Hayfield House.—seat, on NAY. side of Loch Awe,
Argyllshire, 7 miles SE. of Taynuilt.—2. Hayfield
House, near Rutherglen, Lanarkshire.
Haygrove, hamlet, in par. and near Bridgwater,
Hayholme, hamlet, Levenpar., East-Riding York-
shire, 64 miles NE. of Beverley.
Hayle (or Heyi), seaport, eccl. dist., and ry. sta.,
Cornwall, 4 miles SE. of St Ives—eccl. dist. (Phillack
par.), pop. 1575; town (Phillack and St Erth pars.), pop.
1089; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank, 1 newspaper; exports copper
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)