Hemsworth.—hamlet, near N. border of Derbyshire,
3 miles NE. of Dronfield.—2. Hemsworth, par. and
vil. with ry. sta., S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire,
miles SE. of Wakefield, 4161ac., pop. 1665; P.O., T.O.;
in vicinity of vil. is the seat of Hemsworth Hall.
Hemsworth, Little, hamlet, in par. and vicinity of
Hemsworth, S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire.
Heiuyocli. — hundred, N. Devon, 28,288 ac., pop.
4265; contains 7 pars.—2. Hemyock (or Hemmlck),
par. and vil. with ry. sta., N. Devon, 1\ miles E. of
Tiverton Junction, 5437 ac., pop. 898; P.O., 1 Bank;
has ruins of a moated Norman castle, used by the Par¬
liamentarians as a prison during the civil war, and dis¬
mantled by Cromwell in 1646.
Hen Castle, seat, on Saundersfoot Bay, coast of
Pembrokeshire, 4 miles W. of Tenby.
Hen Cliff, headland, on E. side of Kimmeridge Bay,
Dorset, 4 miles SW. of Corfe Castle.
Hen and Chiekens, rocks, off E. coast of Lewis isl.,
Outer Hebrides, 6 miles SE. of Stornoway.
Hen and Chiekens, the W. summits of the Mourne
mountains, S. co. Down.
Hen and Chickens Reef, N. point of Lundy Island,
Hcnhelin, vil., Llanrhystyd par., Cardiganshire, 6½
miles NE. of Aberaeron.
Hen hlas, old mansion, 3 miles SW. of Llangefni,
Anglesey; was the birthplace of Lloyd, one of the
seven bishops imprisoned by James II.
Hcnbnry.—hundred, W. Gloucestershire, 21,659 ac.,
pop. 10,012.—2. Henbury, par., township, and vil., on
borderof W. Gloucestershire, 4½ m. NW. ofBristol—par.,
10,090 ac., 1624 tidal water and 3260foreshore, pop. 2786;
township, 7580 ac., and 1467 foreshore, pop. 2084;P.O.;
in vicinity is the seat of Henhury Court; Henhury
Hill has a double-ditched Roman camp, and has
yielded many antiquities.—3. Henbury, hamlet, 3
miles SW. of Wimborne Minster, Dorset; in vicinity is
Henbury Hill and the seat of Henbury House.
Henbury with Pexhall, township, Prestbury par.,
E. Cheshire, 2 miles W. of Macclesfield, 1934 ac., pop.
431; contains the seat of Henhury Park.
Henchcrslcy Lodge, seat, 2 miles SW. of Brocken-
hurst sta., S. Hants.
Hencoats (or Hencotes), dist. in Hexham par., S.
Hcncott, hamlet, St Alkmond par., N. Shropshire, 1
mile N. of Shrewsbury.
Henden House, seat, 2 m. S. of Maidenhead, Berks.
Henderland, farm, Lyne and Megget par., S.
Peeblesshire, on Megget Water, near St Marys Loch;
contains the ruined castle of Piers Cockburn, the
Border freebooter, executed 1529.
Henderskelf, township, Bulmerpar., North-Riding
Yorkshire, 6 miles SW. of New Malton, 1706 ac. (75
water), pop. 132.
Hendersyde Park, seat, 4½ mile NE. of Kelso, Rox¬
burghshire ; contains an art collection.
Hendford, eccl. dist., Yeovil par., mid. Somerset,
partly in Yeovil bor., pop. 4179; contains the seat of
Hendford Manor House.
Hendidley, hamlet, Llanllwchaiarn par., Mont¬
gomeryshire, near Newtown.
Hendon.—eccl. dist., Bishop Wearmouth par., N.
Durham, within the pari. bor. of Sunderland, pop.
18,324; contains the Hendon Paper Mills.—2. Hen¬
don, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Middlesex, 7 miles
NW. of London, 8382 ac. (139 water), pop. 10,484; in
vicinity of vil. is the hamlet of Hendon Hyde.
Hendon House, seat, on E. border of Berks, 2 miles
SE. of Maidenhead.
Hendra.—vil., Breage par., W. Cornwall, near Hel-
ston.—2. Hendra, vil., St Dennis par., E. Cornwall,
7 miles NW. of St Austell.
Hendra Croft, hamlet, Perranzabuloe par., W.
Hcndre.—hamlet, Nantglyn par., in co. and 4 miles
SW. of Denbigh.—2. Hcndre, 4 miles NW. of Mold,
Plintshire; P.O.—3. Hendrc, vil., Coyty par., Gla¬
morgan, 1 mile NE. of Bridgend.—4. Hcndre, seat,
in co. and vicinity of Monmouth.
Hendrchiffa, hamlet, in par. and 2 miles from Mold,
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)