Highlands, Southern. See Southern Highlands.
Higlilaw Gate, vil., Mitford par., N. Northumb.
Highlaws, township, Hartburn par., N. North-
umberland, onriver Wansbeck, 8 miles W. of Morpeth,
312 ac., pop; 11.
Highlaws, detached portion of Coldingham par.,
Eyemouth par., Berwickshire.
Highlaws, High and Low, township, Mitford par.,
N. Northumberland, 3 miles NW. of Morpeth, 1369
ac., pop. 89.
Highleadon, hamlet, Rudfordpar., E. Gloucester-
shire, 5 miles NW. of Gloucester, pop. 96.
Highley, par. and vil. with ry. sta., S. Shropshire,
7 miles SE. of Bridgnorth, 1527 ac., pop. 363; P.O.
High ley, St Mary, par., N. Devon, on river Exe, 3
miles NW. of Bampton, 370 ac., pop. 23.
Highlcy Hill, place, in par. and 2 miles SW. of
Highlight, par., SE. Glamorgan, 74 miles SW. of
Cardiff, 405 ac., pop. 16.
Highlow, township, in par. and 4 miles SE. of Hope,
N. Derbyshire, 421 ac., pop. 44.
Higlunead, seat, 6 miles SW. of Lampeter, Cardi-
Highmeadow, seat of Viscount Gage, near Newn-
ham, W. Gloucestershire.
Highmoor.—vil., Canford Magna par., Dorset, near
Poole.—2. Highmoor, eccl. dist. and hamlet, Bix and
Rotherfield Greys pars., Oxfordshire, pop. 365; hamlet,
44 miles NW. of Henley on Thames; P.O., called
Highnam, hamlet, Churcham par., and eccl. dist.,
also in North Hamlet par., E. Gloucestershire—dist.,
pop. 354; hamlet, 2 miles NW. of Gloucester; P.O.;
in vicinity is the seat of Highnam Court,
Highnam, Linton, and Over, township, Churcham
par., E. Gloucestershire, 2004 ac., pop. 339.
Highshow, vil., Aysgarth par., North-Riding York-
shire, near Hawes.
Hightae, vil., Lochmaben par., Dumfriesshire, near
river Annan, 4 miles SW. of Lockerbie, pop. 324 ; P.O.;
Hightae Loch is 1 mile NW.
Hightown.—-coast vil. with ry. sta., SAY. Lancashire,
1 mile S. of Formby sta. and 34 miles NAV. of AVaterloo
sta., Liverpool; Altcar Hide Station is in vicinity.
—2. Hightown, hamlet, in par. and adjacent to
Mildenhall, W. Suffolk.—3. Hightown, 3 miles W.
of Birstal, West-Riding Yorkshire; P.O.
Hightown, Roxburghshire. See Heiton.
Highway.—hamlet, Lanteglos by Camelford par., E.
Cornwall, 64 miles NW. of Bodmin.—2. Highway,
hamlet, Lanteglos by Fowey par., E. Cornwall, 10 miles
SAY. of Liskeard.—3. Highway, par., N. Wilts, 44
miles NE. of Caine, 813 ac., pop. 88.
Higliwayside, hamlet, 3 miles SE. of Tarporley, W.
High week, par., E. Devon, on river Teign, contain-
ing part of Newton Abbot, 2422 ac., pop. 2164; here are
the Highweek Hills.
High wood.—eccl. dist. and hamlet, Writtle par.,
W. Essex—dist., pop. 665; hamlet, 5 miles SAY. of
Chelmsford; P.O.—2. Highwood, place, Ellingham
par., S. Hants, 2 miles NE. of Ringwood.
Highwood Hill, hamlet and seat, near Hendon,
Middlesex ; the seat was the property of Lord William
Russell (executed 1683), and afterwards of William
AYilberforce (1759-1833), the philanthropist.
Highwood House, seat, 5 miles NW. of Leominster,
High worth, smalltown and par. with ry. sta., N.
AATlts, 6 miles NE. of Swindon, 10,504 ac., pop. 3302 ;
r.O., T.o. ; 2 Banks; is situated on an eminence near
the Yale of the White Horse.
High worth, Cricklade, and Staple, hundred, N.
Wilts, 53,094 ae., pop. 17,254; contains 18 pars, and
parts of 2 others.
Hil . See also Hill .
Hilbeck, township, in par. and 1 mile N. of Brough,
AYestmorland, pop. 56.
Hilborough, par. and vil., N. Norfolk, on river
AVissey, 54 miles S. of Swaffham, 3101 ac., pop. 337;
P.O.; in vicinity of vil. is Hilborough House.
Uilhrc, island, AY. Cheshire. See Helbre.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)