Hutton le Hole, township, Lastingham par., North-
Riding Yorkshire, on branch of river Rye, 3 miles NW.
of Kirkby Moorside, 1085 ac., pop. 273; P.O.
Huttons Amlbo par. (ry. sta. Hutton), North-Riding
Yorkshire, onriver Derwent, 3 miles SW. of Malton,
2896 ac., pop. 415.
Huxhain.—par., E. Devon, 4 miles NE. of Exeter,
761 ac., pop. 132; the lliixliam Paper Hills are here.
—2. Huxhain, hamlet, East Pennard par., mid.
Somerset, 5 miles S. of Shepton Mallet.
Huxley, township, Waverton par., W. Cheshire, 3|
miles SAV. of Tarporley, 1555 ac., pop. 236; P.O.
Huxloe, hundred, N. Northamptonshire, 40,593 ac.,
pop. 24,530; contains 23 pars.
Huyton, par. and vil. with ry. sta., SW. Lanca-
shire, 5| miles E. of Liverpool, 10,625 ac., pop. 5937 ;
Huyton Quarry, ry. sta., 1 mile E. of Huyton sta.,
Hnyton with Roby, township (ry. sta. Huyton),
Huyton par., SAV. Lancashire, 3054 ac., pop. 4060.
Hwylbren, hamlet, Gwaenysgor par., Flintshire, 4
miles NE. of Rhuddlan.
Hyani, place, lk mile W. of Malmesbury, N. Wilts.
Hyckham, North, par. and vil. (ry. sta. Hykeham),
in co. and 3£ miles SAY. of Lincoln, 1990 ac., pop. 455 ;
P.O., called North Hykeham.
Hyckham, South, par. and township (ry. sta. Hyke-
ham), in mid. of co. and 4J miles SW. of Lincoln, on
river Witham—par., 2070 ac. (including part of Aubourn
par.), pop. 147 ; township, 1160 ac., pop. 103.
llytlan Dol and Hydan Ucha, 2 hamlets, Castle
Caerinion par., Montgomeryshire, 3 m. E. of Llanfair.
Hyde.—mun. bor., market town,and township, Stock-
port par., E. Cheshire, on river Tame, 7§ miles E. of
Manchester and 180 miles from London—bor., 3412 ac.,
pop. 28,630; township, 897 ac., pop. 17,876; 2 Banks,
2 newspapers. Market-day, Saturday. Hyde owes its
rise entirely to the cotton mfrs., which were here
greatly stimulated by the convenience of the water
power and coal supply of the locality. The town has
large factories for weaving and spinning; it also has
ironfoundries and engineering works. A considerable
trade is done in the mfr. of felt hats.—2. Hyde, hamlet,
Didbrook par., E. Gloucestershire, 4 miles E. of Winch-
comb. See Pinnock and Hyde.—3. Hyde, hamlet, in
par. and 1J mile NE. of Minchinhampton, W. Glou-
cestershire; in vicinity is the seat of Hyde Court.—
4. Hyde, eccl. dist. and hamlet, Fordingbridge par.,
5. Hants—dist., pop. 781; hamlet, 4 miles NE. of
Fordingbridge. — 5. Hyde, place, Kingsbury a*nd
Hendon pars., Middlesex, 2 miles SE. of Edgware.—
6. Hyde, tithing, Montacute par., mid. Somerset, 4
miles NAY. of Yeovil.—7. Hyde, hamlet, in par. and
5 miles SAY. of Highworth, S. Wilts.
Hyde, East, eccl. dist. and hamlet, Luton par., Bed-
fordshire—dist., pop. 270; hamlet, 3£ m. SE. of Luton.
Hyde, North, hamlet, Heston par., Middlesex, 3
miles NW. of Brentford.
Hyde, West, eccl. dist., Rickmansworth par., Herts,
Hyde Abbey, ruins of ancient abbey at AVinchester,
N. Hants ; was founded by King Alfred.
Hyde Hivision, The, parliamentary division of
Cheshire, pop. 53,246.
Hyde Hall.—seat, in vicinity of Ingatestone sta., W.
Essex.—2. Hyde Hall, seat of the Earl of Roden, 1
mile NE. of Sawbridgeworth, Herts.
Hyde House, seat, 3 m. NW. of Amersham, Bucks.
Hyde Junction, ry. sta., 1 mile NW. of Hyde sta.,
Hyde JLea, school, in co. and dist. of Stafford.
Hyde Park, Westminster, London; with Kensington
Gardens—which are simply a continuation of Hyde
Park—it is nearly U mile long and £ mile broad ; it is
traversed in all directions by pleasant walks and
carriage drives, and contains the Rotten Row, the
Serpentine, and the Albert Memorial.
Hyde Park.—hamlet, Templepatrick par., S. co.
Antrim, 6 miles NW. of Belfast.—2. Hyde Park, seat,
2 miles SE. of Killucan, E. co. Westmeath.—3. Hyde
Park, seat, 5 miles NE. of Gorey, NE. co. AVexford.
Hydchill, Kent. See Ide Hill.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)