Innlsliannon, ry. sta., 2| miles NE. of Bandon,
co. Cork; P.O. See INISHANNON.
Inniskeen, sta. on Great Northern By., 7 miles W.
of Dundalk, W. co. Louth; P.O.
Inns of Court, The, London, are—Inner Temple,
Middle Temple, Lincolns Inn, and Grays Inn; they
are very ancient, and form a sort of legal university.
Ittity, river, E. Cornwall; rises near Camelford, and
flows 15 miles E. to the Tamar.
Inny.—river, cos. Westmeath and Longford; rises
in Lough Sheelin, flows 40 miles SW. through Loughs
Derravaragh and Iron, and falls into Lough Bee, on the
Shannon.—2. Inny, rivulet, S. co. Kerry; flows 15
miles SW. to Baffin skelligs Bay.
Inny Junction, sta. on Midland Great Western By.,
N. co. Westmeath, 104 miles NW. of Mullingar.
Insch, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Garioch dist.,
Aberdeenshire—par., 8370 ac., pop. 1536; vil., 134
miles SE. of Huntly and 274 NW. of Aberdeen, pop.
579; P.O., T.O. ; 2 Banks ; has monthly cattle fairs.
Insh ■. See also Inch , Inis , Inish ,
and Innis .
Insh, quoad sacra par. and vil., partly in Alvie par.
but chiefly in Kingussie and Insh par., Inverness-shire
—par., pop. 455 ; vil., 5 miles NE. of Kingussie; P.O.;
14 mile N. of vil., on river Spey, is locli Insh.
Inslics House, seat, in co. and 24 miles SE. of Inver-
ness ; on the estate are quarries of excellent sandstone.
Insliewan, seat, Tannadice par., Forfarshire, on
river South Esk, 44 miles NE. of Kirriemuir.
Inshlaggan, place with school, Glen Garry, Inver-
ness-shire, 2 miles W. of west end of Loch Garry.
Inshoch Castle, old baronial fortalice, Auldearn
par., in co. and 34 miles E. of Nairn.
Insington, hamlet, Belbroughton par., W. Worces-
tershire, 44 miles S. of Hagley.
Inskip with Sowerby, township, St Michael on
Wyre par., N. Lancashire, 9 miles NW. of Preston,
2979 ac., pop. 542.
Instow, par. and vil. with ry. sta., N. Devon, at
confluence of rivers Taw and Torridge, 34 miles NE. of
Bideford, 1916 ac. (285 water), pop. 657; P.O.
Instow Quay, hamlet, in par. and 1 mile SW. of
Instow, N. Devon.
Intake, vil., Handsworth par., S. div. West-Biding
Yorkshire, 3 miles SE. of Sheffield; P.O.
Intwood, par., S. Norfolk, 34 m. SW. of Norwich,
617 ac., pop. 35; contains the seat of Intwood Hall.
Inver . See also Inner .
Inver.—vil., Little Dunkeld par., Perthshire, at the
confluence of the Bran and the Tay, 1 mile SW. of
Dunkeld; birthplace of Neil Gow (1727-1807), violinist
and composer of Scottish music.—2. Inver, fishing
vil., on S. side of Dornoch Firth, NE. Ross and Cro-
marty, n par. and 6 miles E. of Tain, pop. (including
Inverskinnerton in Tarbat par., 396.—3. Inver, river,
SW. Sutherland; issues from AY. end of Loch Assynt,
and flows 6 miles SAY. to Loch Inver.
Inver.—par., E. co. Antrim, on Lough Larne, 1773
ac., pop. 921; contains part of Larne.—2. Inver, coast
par. and hamlet, S. co. Donegal, on river Inver and
Inver Bay (4 miles by 2 miles), 36,811 ac., pop. 8415;
P.O.; contains Mount Charles.—3. Inver, hamlet, 6
m. NE. of Belmullet, NW. co. Mayo, on Broad Haven.
Inver, Loch, arm of the sea, Assynt par., Sutherland.
Inveraiiort, seat, Ardnamurchan par., SW. Inver-
ness-shire, at influx of river Ailort to Loch Ailort, 28
miles W. of Fort William.
Invcrallan, quoad sacra par., Cromdale par., Elgin-
shire and Inverness-shire, pop. 2497; contains town of
Grantown; Inverallan House is 14 m. S. of Grantown.
Inverallocliy, quoad sacra par. and fishing vil.,
Rathen par., NE. Aberdeenshire—par., pop. 1577 ; vil.,
34 miles SE. of Fraserburgh, pop. 741; P.O.; 14 mile
S. of vil. is Invcrallochy Castle, an old stronghold of
Inverauisay Junction, ry. sta., in co. and 204
miles NW. of Aberdeen and 3| NW. of Inverurie.
Inveran, hamlet with inn, Creich par., S. Suther-
land, on river Shin, 14 m. NW. of Invershin sta.; P.O.
Inveran Lodge, Gairloch par., NW. Ross and
Cromarty, at NW. end of Loch Maree, 2 miles SE.
of Poole we.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)