Inverchapel, landing-place, at foot of Loch Eck,
Cowall, Argyllshire, 54 miles NW. of Strone.
Invercharron Honse, Kincardine par., N. Ross and
Cromarty, near mouth of river Carron, 1 mile N. of
Ardgay; at Invercharron Montrose made his last
stand, 27th April 1650.
Invercliroskie House, on Ardle Water, NE. Perth-
shire, 2 miles NW. of Kirkmichael.
Invercloy, name sometimes given to the village at
Brodick, Arran island, Firth of Clyde.
Invercoe House, seat, Lismore and Appin par.,
Argyllshire, at influx of river Coe to Loch Leven, 2
miles NE. of Ballachulish.
Inverdrnie, vil., Duthilpar., NE. Inverness-shire,
at the confluence of the Druie with the Spey, near
Aviemore sta.; in vicinity is Inverdrnie House.
Inverdnnning House, in par. and 14 mile SE. of
Dunning sta., Perthshire.
Inverebrie, place with school, Methlic par., Aber-
deenshire, at confluence of Ebrie Burn with river
Ythan, 3 miles NW. of Ellon.
Invereigkty, seat, Kinnettles par., in co. and 34
miles SW. of Forfar.
Invercrnan, seat, Strathdon par., SW. Aberdeen-
shire, at confluence of Ernan Water with river Don, 18
miles SW. of Rhynie.
Invererne, Gaelic name of Findhorn : which see.
Invererne House (formerly Tannacby), seat, in
par. and 14 mile NAY. of Forres, Elginshire, near
mouth of river Findhorn.
Inverernie Honse, seat, on river Nairn, in co. and
7 miles SE. of Inverness.
Invcresbic Honse, seat, Kingussie par., E. Inver-
ness-shire, at the confluence of the Feshie and the
Spey, 1 mile SE. of Kincraig sta.; Invereshie Deer
Forest embraces 9270 ac.
Inveresk, coast par. and vil. with ry. sta. (Inveresk
Junction), NE. Edinburghshire—par., 5155 ac., pop.
10,537; vil., on river Esk, in S. vicinity of Musselburgh
and 64 miles E. of Edinburgh, pop. 308; the par. con-
tains the town of Musselburgh, with Inveresk House,
Inveresk Lodge, and Inveresk Paper Mills ; the
prsetorium of the Roman station at Inveresk (now partly
occupied by the parish church) has yielded some in-
Inveresragan, place at mouth of river Esragan, on
N. side of Loch Etive, Argyllshire, 2 m. NAV. of Bonawe.
Inverewe House, seat, Gairloch par., NW. Ross
and Cromarty, on Loch Ewe, 1 mile N. of Poolewe.
Inverey, hamlet, with remains of ancient fortalice
of the Farquharsons, Crathie and Braemar par., SW.
Aberdeenshire, at the confluence of Ey Water with
river Dee 5 miles W. of Braemar.
Inverfarigaig, landing-place, on E. side of Loch
Ness, at mouth of river Farigaig, in co. and 17 miles
SW. of Inverness ; P.O.; at Inverfarigaig Pass, near
mouth of river Farigaig, is a memorial stone to Dr
Bryce, the geologist, killed there in 1877.
Inverfolla, place with ancient obelisk, on N. side of
Loch Creran, Argyllshire, 2 miles SE. of Appin.
Invergarry, hamlet with inn, Kilmonivaig par.,
Inverness-shire, on W. side of Loch Oich and at mouth
of river Garry, 7 miles SAY. of Fort Augustus ; P.O.,
T.O., 1 Bank; in vicinity is Invergarry House, a
modern mansion; also, on Craig-an-Fbithich, the ruins
of Invergarry Castle, the ancient stronghold of the
Macdonnells of Glengarry, burned by the Duke of
Cumberland in 1746.
Invergeldie Lodge, 5 m. NAY. of Comrie, Perthshire.
Inverglen House, on E. side of Loch Fyne, Argyll-
shire, near Strachur pier.
Invergordon, police burgh and small seaport town,
with ry. sta. and ferry, Rosskeen par., E. Ross and
Cromarty, on. N. side of Cromarty Firth, 13 miles NE.
of Dingwall and 12| SW. of Tain—burgh, pop. 1092 ;
town, pop. 1119; P.O., T.o., 2 Banks, 1 newspaper; is
a thriving place, and has fine sea-bathing, some small
industries, and a good harbour, with a growing trade in
the export of agricultural produce; 1 mile NW. is
Invergordon Castle, seat of Macleod of Cadboll.
Invergowrie, vil. with ry. sta., on border of Long-
forgan par., Perthshire, and of Liff, Benvie, and Inver-
gowrie par., Forfarshire, on Firth of Tay, 3 miles AY. of
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)