Kincnrdy House, near Fortrose, Ross and Cromarty.
Kindallachan, vil., Dunkeld and Dowally par.,
Perthshire, on river Tay, 2 miles SE. of Ballinluig.
Kindeace House, seat, Kilmuir-Easter par., E.
Ross and Cromarty, 3Jr miles N. of Invergordon.
Kinder, hamlet, in par. and 4 miles S. of Glossop,
Kinder, Loch, New Abbey par., E. Kirkcudbright,
8 miles S. of Dumfries; has 2 islets, the smaller a lake-
dwelling, the larger the site of the ancient parish
church ; k mile N. is Kinder House.
Kinder Scout, in NW. of Derbyshire, 4 miles SE.
of Glossop, alt. 2080 ft. ; the Ordnance Cairn, at
the NE. extremity of the mountain, is 1981 ft. above
sea-level; Kinder Scout is the highest summit in the
Peak District, and is often called the Peak.
Kinderlow Cavern, Glossop par., Derbyshire, on S.
side of Kinder Scout Hill.
Kinderton with Hulme, township, Middlewich
par., Cheshire, partly in town of Middlewich, 1691 ac.,
Kindrochit Honse, Blair-Athole par., Perthshire,
near Struan sta.
Kindrogan, seat, Kirkmichael par., NE. Perthshire,
at head of Strath Ardle, 10 miles NE. of Pitlochry.
Kindrum, 12 m. N. of Milford, N. co. Donegal; P.O.
Kineagh, par., cos. Carlow and Kildare, 2 miles W.
of Rathvilly, 6321 ac., pop. 611.
Kinedart, or Kineddar. See King Edward.
Kineddar, seat, Saline par., Fife, 5J miles NW. of
Kinelarty, bar., mid. co. Down, 40,325 ac., pop.
Kinellan, Loch, in SE. of Contin par., SE. Ross
and Cromarty, 1 mile SW. of Strathpeffer ; in vicinity
is Kinellan Lodge.
Kineton.—(or Kington), market town, par., and
township, with ry. sta., Warwickshire, 6 miles W. of
Fenny Compton sta. and 11 miles SE. of Stratford-on-
Avon—par., 3810 ac., pop. 1269; town and township,
pop. 1053; P.O., T.o. Market-day, Tuesday. King
John kept his court in a castle here; and the place
was the quarters of the Parliamentarians on the night
before the battle of Edgehill.—2. Kineton, hamlet,
Temple Guiting par., Gloucestershire, 4 miles SE. of
Kinfare, Staffordshire. See Kinver.
Kinfanns, par. and ry. sta., in co. and 3£ miles SE.
of Perth, onriver Tay, 4291 ac., pop. 583; Kinfanns
Castle, a stately Gothic edifice of 1822, is on the site
of the ancient castle of the Charteris family.
King Arthurs Castle.—moated mound at foot of hill
called Cadbury Castle, Somerset, near South Cadbury.
—2. King Arthurs Castle, ancient entrenchment on
the summit of Castle-an-Dinas, Cornwall, 2 miles SE.
of St Columb ; is 1700 ft. in diameter, with triple fosse
King Arthurs Bound Table, relic of antiquity, on
NW. border of Westmorland, 1J mile SE. of Penrith;
is a circular area, 20 yards in diameter, surrounded by
a fosse and mound.
King Arthurs Stone, cromlech, Moceas par., Here-
fordshire, on eminence near river Wye, 6| miles SW.
King Barrow.—2 miles E. of Warminster, Wilts ;
one of the largest British barrows in the country.—2.
King Barrow, large barrow, Dorset, in SE. of co., near
King Cross, eccl. dist., in par. and on NE. side of
Halifax, N. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, pop. 8154;
King Edward (locally Kinedart or Kineddar),
par. and ry. sta., NW. Aberdeenshire—par., 18,570 ac.,
pop. 3068 ; P.O.; the sta. is 6J m. N. of Turriff; 1 m.
S. of sta. is the ruined Castle of King Edward, occupied
in the 13th century by the Comyns, Earls of Buchan.
King Harrys Beach, channel in river Fal, Cornwall,
abreast of Trelissick.
King Moor, par., Cumberland, on river Eden, 2 miles
NW. of Carlisle, 1169 ac., pop. 479 ; the Carlisle race-
course is here.
King Boad, roadstead in Bristol Channel, off mouth
of river Avon.
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)