King Soinborne, 3 miles S. of Stockbridge, Hants;
p.o. See Kings Somborne.
King Street, hamlet, Hurst par., Berks, 2 miles N.
of Wokingham; P.O.
King Tor, Dartmoor, Devon, 5 miles E. of Tavistock,
alt. 1739 ft.
King Williams Bank, slioal, in Irish Sea, 8 m. NE.
of N. extremity of Isle of Man, 8 m. long and £ m. wide.
King Williaiustown, hamlet, W. co. Cork, 7 miles
N. of Bathmore ry. sta.; P.O.
Kingairlocli, hamlet, Lismore and Appin par., Ar-
gyllshire, at head of Loch Corry (on W. side of Loch
Linnhe), 14 miles SW. of Ardgour ; P.O.; in vicinity is
Kingarrow, 10 m. from Glenties, co. Donegal; P.O.
Kingarth, par., Buteshire, in S. of Bnte island,
Firth of Clyde, 8995 ac., pop. 1260 ; P.O. ; the church
is 5A miles S. of Rothesay.
Kingask, seat, in par. and 2| miles SE. of St
Kingcansie, seat, Maryeulter par., N. Kincardine-
shire, near S. bank of r. Dee, 1J m. SE. of Culter sta.
Kingennie, ry. sta., Monifieth par., Forfarshire, 7
miles NE. of Dundee.
Kingerby, par., Lincolnshire, 4 miles NW. of Market
Rasen, 1435 ac., pop. 100; contains the seat of K. Hall.
Kingfleld, seat, 8 m. NE. of Longtown, Cumberland.
Kingford, hamlet, Pancrasweek par., Devon, 3 miles
NW. of Holsworthy.
Kingham, par. and vil., Oxfordshire, in NW. of co.,
4J m. SW. of Chipping Norton, 1877 ac., pop. 617; P.O.
Kinghamford, hundred, St Augustine lathe, Kent,
9267 ac., pop. 1811; contains 4 pars.
Kinghorn, pari, and royal burgh, and par., with ry.
sta., Fife, on Firth of Forth, 2£ miles NE. of Burnt-
island and 3 miles S. of Kirkcaldy—par., 5212 ac., pop.
3650; royal burgh, pop. 1439; pari, burgh, pop. 1790;
P.O., T.O,, 1 Bank. The par. comprises the island of
Inchkeith. Kinghorn is a royal burgh under a charter
of Alexander III., who was killed at Kinghorn Ness,
12th March 1286, while riding from Inverkeithing to
Kinghorn Tower. In 1881 two 18-ton guns were placed
in battery on Kinghorn Ness, in connection with the
fortifications of Inchkeith. The inhabitants of King-
horn find employment in two flax-spinning mills, a
bleachfield, a glue factory, and an iron-shipbuilding
yard. In the W. vicinity of the burgh is Kinghorn
Uoch. Kinghorn forms one of the Kirkcaldy District
of Parliamentary Burghs, which returns 1 member.
Kinghnrst Hall, seat, in NW. of Warwickshire, on
liver Cole, 2 miles SW. of Coleshill.
Kinglas Water, Argyllshire. See Glen Kinglas.
Kinglass, river, Argyllshire. See Glen Kinglass.
Kinglassic, par. and vil., Fife—par., 7717 ac., pop.
1292; vil., on Lochty Burn, 6 miles NW. of Kirkcaldy,
pop. 351; P.O.; has a power-loom factory; the church
is partly of 15th century.
Kingledoors Burn, left affluent of river Tweed, in
SW. of Drumelzier par., Peeblesshire.
Kingley Bottom, picturesquely wooded vale, under
Bow Hill, Sussex, 4 miles NW. of Chichester.
Kingiuore, vil., Stokeinteignhead par., Devon, 3J
miles E. of Newton Abbot.
KingoMnim, par. and vil., Forfarshire—par., 9619
ac., pop. 389; the vil. (Kirkton of Kingoldrum) is 4
miles W. of Kirriemuir.
Kingooilic, vil. with small harbour, Longforgan
par., SE. Perthshire, on Firth of Tay, 4 miles AV. of
Dundee; in the neighbourhood is a sandstone quarry.
Kings Beeches, seat, in SE. of Berks, 3 miles NE.
of Bagshot sta.
Kings Bromley, par. and seat, Staffordshire, 5 miles
N. of Lichfield, 3370 ac. (including Kings Bromley
Hays), pop. 567 ; P.O.
Kings Bromley Hays, par., Staffordshire, on river
Trent, 5 miles N. of Lichfield, pop. 13.
Kings Brompton, Somerset. See Brompton Regis.
Kings Caple, par., Herefordshire, in S. of co., on
river AVye, 41? miles NAV. of Ross, 1697 ac., pop. 315.
Kings Cave, W. coast of Arran island, Firth of
Clyde ; traditionally a retreat of King Robert Bruce ;
other caves near bear the names of Kings Cellar,
Kings Kitchen, Kings Stable, &c.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)