Landewcdnacfc, coast par. and vil., Cornwall, 11
miles SE. of Helston, 2050 ac., pop. 585; the church
is ancient and interesting, is the most southerly in
England, and is said to have been the place wherein the
last sermon in Cornish was preached. This district is
famed for the magnificence of its coast scenery.
Landlord, par. and vil., Wilts, 10 miles SE. of
Salisbury, 1720 ac., pop. 263; P.O.; in vicinity of vil.
is the seat of Landford House.
Landguard Point, headland forming the most
southerly part of Suffolk, at the mouth of river Orwell,
1J mile SE. of Harwich, separated from the mainland
at high water; near its extremity is a lighthouse 48 ft.
high, with fixed light (Harwich) 33 ft. above high water
and seen 13 miles. Landguard Fort is here.
Landhcads, hamlet, 2 miles N. of Annan, Dum-
Landican, township, Woodchurch par., Cheshire, 4|
miles SW. of Birkenhead, 626 ac., pop. 75.
Landiniore Castle, remains of ancient baronial
castle, Gower peninsula, Glamorgan, near Burry Inlet,
8 miles SW. of Loughor.
Landkey, par. and vil., Devon, 2J miles SE. of
Barnstaple, 3162 ac., pop. 597; P.O.; has extensive
Landmore, seat, 3 miles SE. of Aghadowey, E. co.
Landmotli with Catto, township, Leake par., North-
Riding Yorkshire, 4 miles SE. of Northallerton, 798
ac., pop. 42.
Landore, vil. with ry. sta. (Landore Junction),
Glamorgan, in W. of co., on river Tawe, 11? mile NE. of
Swansea; P.O., T.o.; a wooden viaduct (1794 ft.) carries
the railway across the Tawe.
Landport (or Southsea St Jude), eccl. dist., Port-
sea par., Hants, in bor. of Portsmouth, pop. 10,614;
P.O., t.o., 2 Banks. See Portsmouth.
Landrake with St Erney, par., Cornwall, on river
Lynher, 3555 ac., pop. 735; contains the vil. of Land-
rake, 3£ miles NE. of St Germans; P.O.
Lands End, Cornwall, the extreme SW. point of
Britain; consists of a turf covered slope terminating in
a cliff of columnar granite 60 ft. in height.
Landscape, seat, on river Suir, N. co. Waterford,
6 miles E. of Clonmel.
Landscovc, eccl. dist., Staverton par., Devon, 4
miles N. of Totnes, pop. 297.
Landsend, school, Fordoun par., Kincardineshire.
Landskipping, small port, Martletwy par., in S. of
Pembrokeshire, on Cleddau estuary, 4J miles SE. of
Landuc, seat, 3J miles SE. of Launceston, Cornwall.
Landiilph, par. and vil., Cornwall, on river Tamar,
2 miles N. of Saltash, 2086 ac. land and 600 water,
Land wade, par., Cambridgeshire, in E. of co., 4
miles NW. of Newmarket ry. sta., 120 ae., pop. 28.
Landywood, vil., 5 m. N. of Walsall, Staffordshire.
Lane Bridge, eccl. dist., Whalley par., NE. Lanca-
shire, in bor. of Burnley, pop. 7948.
Lane Belph, section of Stoke-upon-Trent par., Staf-
fordshire, adjacent to Stoke sta.
Lane End.—vil., Great Marlow par., and eccl. dist.,
also in Fingest, Hambleden, and West Wycombe pars.,
Bucks—dist., pop. 1097; vil., 5 miles SW. of Wycombe;
P.O. ; has mfr. of agricultural implements, an iron
foundry, and a pottery.—2. Lane End, eccl. dist.,
Stoke-upon-Trent par., Staffordshire, pop. 6899; it
forms a S. part of the Potteries.—3. Lane End,
hamlet, Ecclesfieldpar., S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire,
6 miles N. of Sheffield.
Lane Ends, hamlet, Hemsworth par., S. div. West-
Riding Yorkshire, 6 miles SW. of Pontefract.
Lancast, par. and vil., Cornwall, on river Inny, 6£
miles W. of Launceston, 2487 ac., pop. 259.
Lanekam, par. and vil., Notts, on river Trent, 5J
miles NE. of Tuxford, 1605 ac., pop. 305; P.O.
Lanehcad.—vil., Tavy St Mary par., Devon, on W.
side of Dartmoor. — 2. Lanckead, hamlet, Gilling
near Richmond par., North-Riding Yorkshire, miles
N. of Richmond.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)