Langton juxta Partney. See Langton by Spilsby.
Langton upon Swale, par., North-Riding York-
shire, 5 miles NW. of Northallerton, 1878 ac., pop.
229; consists of 2 townships—Great Langton, 872 ac.,
pop. 133; P.O.; and Little Langton, 1006 ac., pop. 96.
Langtonlccs, seat, Langton par., Berwickshire, 4
miles SAV. of Duns.
Langtree.—par., Devon, 3¼ miles SAV. of Torrington,
4594 ac., pop. 735 ; P.O.—2. Langtree, hamlet, Stand-
ish par., N. Lancashire, 4 miles NAV. of Wigan. See
Standish with Langtree.—3. Langtree, hundred,
Oxfordshire, in SE. of co., 18,199 ac., pop. 3844; con-
tains 9 pars.
Langnard Manor, seat, near E. coast of Isle of
Wight, 1¼ mile SW. of Sandown.
Langwathhy, par. and ry. sta., Cumberland, on river
Eden, 4¼ miles NE. of Penrith, 2012 ac., pop. 341; P.O.
Langwell, seat of the Duke of Portland, Latheron
par., Sutherland, at the confluence of Berriedale AVater
with Langwell AVater, in W. vicinity of Berriedale;
adjacent are ruins of old castle ; Langwell Deer Forest
embraces 36,030 ac.
Langwitli.—township and vil. with ry. sta., Norton
Cuckney par., Notts, 6 miles N. of Mansfield, pop. 376;
P.O.; in vicinity is the seat of Langwitli Hall.—2.
Langwitli, township, AVheldrake par., East-Riding
Yorkshire, between rivers Ouse and Derwent, 4 miles
SE. of York, 793 ac., pop. 42.
Langwitli, Upper, par., Derbyshire, 9 miles SE. of
Chesterfield, 1492 ac., pop. 205.
Langwortli, hamlet with ry. sta., Barlings par., in
co. and 6¼ miles NE. of Lincoln; P.O.
Lanhernc Nunnery, Mawgan in Pyder par., Corn-
wall ; at vil. of Mawgan, 3 miles NW. of St Columb
Major, was the ancient manor house of the Arundels,
assigned (1794) as a convent for refugee nuns of Antwerp.
Lanliydrock, par., Cornwall, on river Fowey, 3 miles
SE. of Bodmin, 1786 ac., pop. 186; contains Lanliy-
drock House, seat of Lord Robartes.
Lanivet, par. and vil., Cornwall—par., 5426 ac., pop.
1030 ; vil., 2¼ miles SW. of Bodmin; P.O.
lank, Cornwall. See De Lank.
Lanlivery, par. and vil., Cornwall, 6 miles SE. of
Bodmin, 6779 ac., pop. 1388.
Lann Hall, seat, Tynronpar., Dumfriesshire, 2 miles
NE. of Moniaive.
lannan, rivulet, co. Donegal. See Leannan.
Lannartli, eccl. dist. and vil., Gwennap par., Corn-
wall—dist., pop. 1813; vil., 1¼ mile SE. of Redruth; P.O.,
Lanreath, par. and vil., Cornwall—par., 4878 ac.,
pop. 562; vil., 7¼ miles SW. of Liskeard; P.O. Market-
day, Friday; has stock fairs thrice a year.
Lanregan, seat, Cornwall; post-town, Penzance.
Lanrlck Castle, seat, Kilmadock par., S. Perthshire,
on river Teith, 3 miles W. of Doune.
Lanrlck Mead, meadow at AAr. end of Loch Ven-
nacher, Perthshire; figures in Scotts Lady of the Lake.
Lanrig, Linlithgowshire. See Longridge.
Lansallos, coast par. and vil., Cornwall, 3 miles E.
of Fowey, 2985 ac., pop. 717.
Lansdown, eccl. dist., Walcot par., Somerset, in city
of Bath, pop. 1569; P.O., called Lansdowne Boad.
Lansdowne, school, co. Kerry; post-town, Kenmare.
Lansdowne Koad, sta. on Dublin and Kingstown
Ry., in co. and 1 mile SE. of Dublin.
Lanshaw Bridge, vil., Whalley par., NE. Lanca-
shire, 2 miles NE. of Colne; P.O.; has cotton mills.
Lanteagne, vil., Crunwear par., Pembrokeshire, in
E. of co., 5¼ miles SE. of Narberth.
Lantcglos hy Camclford, par., Cornwall, 3951 ac.,
pop. 1524 ; contains the town of Camelford.
Lantcglos hy Fowey, coast par., Cornwall, at mouth
of river Fowey, 1¼ mile E. of Fowey, 3320 ac., pop. 1339.
Lantern Hill, on N. side of Ifracombe Harbour,
Devon; has a lighthouse 29 ft. high with fixed light
(Ilfracombe) 127 ft. above high water and seen 19 miles.
Lanthwaite Hill, at N. end of Crummock AYater,
Cumberland, 674 ft.; commands a fine view of the lake.
Lanthony Priory, seat, in co. and vicinity of
Lanton, township, Kirknewton par., Northumber-
land, on r. Glen, 4 m. NW. of Wooler, 974 ac.,pop. 68.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)