Miller Brow (or Hamincr Bank), eminence, 1%
mile N. of Bowness, Westmorland ; commands a
fine view of Windermere; on the shore of the lake is
Miller Ground, landing-place.
Mlllcrlilll, vil. with ry. sta., Newton par., Edin-
burghshire, 2 miles NW. of Dalkeith and 6,| miles SE.
of Edinburgh, pop. 335 ; P.O.
Millers Acre, in par. and near Forteviot, SE. Perth-
shire ; here the army of Edward Baliol encamped before
the battle of Dupplin (1332).
Millers Dale, ry. sta., in Millers Dale, Derbyshire,
6 miles E. of Buxton and 6 miles NAY. of Bakewell; P.O.;
the dale is on the river Wye.
Millers Tomb, The, Highdown Hill, Sussex.
Millerston, vil., on Hogganfield Loch, NW. Lan-
arkshire, 3 miles NE. of Glasgow, pop. (including
Hogganfield) 625 ; P.O.; here is Provanmill Distillery.
Millcnr Point, headland, W. side of entrance to
Loch Ryan, AVigtownshire.
Mill field.—near the meeting point of Northampton,
Cambridge, and Huntingdon, 1 mile from Peterborough;
P.O., T.O.—2. Millfield, eccl. dist. and ry. sta., Bishop
Wearmouth par., Durham, in W. suburbs of Sunder-
land, pop. 11,484.
Millfield, seat, inpar. and near Polmont, Stirlingshire.
Millfield Mills, paperworks, Leven, Fife.
Millford, vil., Tullyfern par., N. co. Donegal, on
Mulroy Bay, 10 miles N. of Letterkenny, pop. 284;
P.O., T.O., called Milford; 1 Bank; situated on the
property of the Earl of Leitrim.
Millglll Force, waterfall (69 ft.), on Cogill Beck,
North-Riding Yorkshire, in NW. vicinity of Askrigg.
MUlliead (or Milnliead), seat, Kirkmahoe par., in
co. and 4 miles N. of Dumfries.
Milllicugli, seat, Blantyre par., Lanarkshire, near
Millliolm Mill, paperworks, Cathcart, Renfrew-
shire, 2% miles S. of Glasgow.
Millltook Month, inlet, Bude Bay, Cornwall, 4
miles S. of Bude Haven.
Millhouse.—hamlet, Kilfinan par., S. Argyllshire,
3 m. SAY. of Tighnabruaich ; P.O.—2. Millhouse, 3 m.
NE. of Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire, on r. Annan ; P.O.
Millicent, seat, 2 miles N. of Sallins, N. co. Kildare.
Milllcliope Hall, seat, Munslow par., Shropshire, 5%
miles SE. of Church Stretton.
Milliflach,3m. SE. of Beauly, N. Inverness-shire; P.O.
Milllken Fark, vil. with ry. sta., on border of Kil-
barchan and Abbey pars., Renfrewshire, 1% mile SW.
of Johnstone; Milllken House, seat, is 1 mile N. of
sta. and 1£ mile AY. of Johnstone.
Millington.—township and vil., Rostherne par.,
Cheshire, 4 miles SW. of Altrincham, 747 ac., pop. 266.
—2. Millington, par. and vil., East-Riding Yorkshire,
on the AVolds, 2% miles NE. of Pocklington ry. sta.,
2509 ac., pop. 184; vast earthworks are in the neigh-
bourhood, and Roman relics have been found.
Millisle, ry. sta., SE. Wigtownshire, 1% mile AV. of
Millineese, vil., in par. and 3 miles N. of Eccleshall,
Staffordshire, on Meese Brook.
Millinonnt, Edmondstown and, paper mills, near
Ratlifarnham, S. co. Dublin.
Millo, hamlet, Dunton par., Bedfordshire, 3 miles
SE. of Biggleswade.
Milloin, town, par., and township, with ry. sta.
(Millom, Holborn Hill), at S. extremity of Cumber-
land, on W. side of Duddon estuary, 6 miles SAY. of
Broughton-in-Furness and 13 miles SE. of Ravenglass—
par., 34,866 ae., pop. 8099 ; township, 13,531 ac., pop.
7698; town, 1313 ac., pop. 6228 ; P.O., T.o., 2 Banks,
1 newspaper ; has mines and ironworks; Millom
Castle (1335) has left some remains; in vicinity of
town is Millom Park, seat.
Millport, watering-place, in S. of Great Cumbrae
island, Cumbrae par., Buteshire, on Millport Bay, Firth
of Clyde, 11 miles SW. of Wemyss Bay ry. sta. and
24 miles SW. of Greenock—police burgh, pop. 1738;
vil., pop. 1749 ; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; is well sheltered and
has a good beach; has a pier for the Clyde steamers
by which communication is maintained regularly with
other places on the Clyde; contains an Episcopal cathe-
dral and college, founded and endowed by the Earl of
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)