Old Trafford, ry. sta., in AV. of Manchester.
Old Turnpike, 1 mile from Fareham, Hants ; P.O.
Old Walls, vestige of old tower, Dryfesdale par.,
Old Warden, vil., AVarden par., Bedfordshire, 3|
miles N. of Shefford ; P.O.
Old Water of Cluden, rivulet, Kirkpatrick Irongray
par., NE. Kirkcudbrightshire; flows 64 miles NE. to
the Cairn AVater, with which it unites to form the
Old Weston, 8 miles N. of Kimbolton, Huntingdon-
shire ; p.o. See Weston, Old.
Old Whittington, vil., Whittington par., Derbyshire,
24 miles NE. of Chesterfield; P.O.
Old Windsor, 24 miles SE. of Windsor, Berks; P.O.,
T.o. See AVindsor, Old.
Old Wood, eccl. dist., Laysters and Middleton on
the Hill pars., Herefordshire, and Tenbury par., AVor-
cestershire, pop. 604.
Oldany, island, Sutherland. See Oldney.
Oldtoerrow, par., AVorcestershire, 2 miles W. of
Henley in Arden, 1185 ac., pop. 74; is almost sur-
rounded by Warwickshire.
©ldberry Hill, highest portion of Ightham Common,
Kent; has an ancient encampment covering 127 ac.
Oldborough, ancient camp, Cherhill par., AVilts,
on a lofty promontory of the chalk range, 34 miles SE.
Oldbridge, vil., St Marys Clonmel par., N. co.
AVaterford, near Clonmel, pop. 684.
Oldbury.—market town and township, Halesowen
par., Worcestershire, 5 miles W. of Birmingham and
117 miles from London by rail—township, pop. 18,306 ;
town, pop. 18,841; P.O., T.o., 1 Bank, 1 newspaper.
Market-day, Tuesday. This is an important place,
standing in the heart of an exceedingly rich mineral
district. Iron, coal, and limestone are worked; and
there is a great industrial activity displayed in iron
foundries, steel works, factories for tools and railway
plant, chemical works, corn mills, maltings, &e. The
Birmingham Canal passes through the town. Oldbury
at one time belonged to Shropshire. — 2. Oldbury,
hamlet, Ightham par., Kent, 44 miles SE. of Sevenoaks;
in vicinity is Oldbury Lodge, seat, and Oldbury
Hill, with ancient camp covering 137 ac.—3. Oldbury,
seat, Kent; post-town, Tunbridge Wells. — 4. Old-
bury, par. and vil., Shropshire, 1 mile SW. of Bridg-
north, 808 ac., pop. 257; P.O.—5. Oldbury, township,
Mancetter par., Warwickshire, on Coventry Canal, 2
miles S. of Atherstone, pop. 61; contains Oldbury
Hall, seat.—6. Oldbury, curious earthwork, Codford
St Mary par., AVilts, on Codford Hill, 4 miles SE. of
Oldbury on the Hill, par. and vil., Gloucestershire,
6 miles SAV. of Tetbury, 1346 ac., pop. 386.
Oldbury upon Severn, eccl. dist. and vil., Thorn-
bury par., Gloucestershire—dist., pop. 717; vil., 2 miles
NW. of Thornbury ; P.O.
©ldcastle.—township, Malpas par., Cheshire, 2 miles
SW. of Malpas, 845 ac., pop. 123. ©ldcastle Heath
was the scene of a conflict (1644) between the Parlia-
mentarians and Royalists.—2. ©ldcastle, vil., in Lower
Coyty div. of Coyty par., Glamorgan, near Bridgend.—
3. ©ldcastle, par., Monmouthshire, on river Monnow,
at boundary with Herefordshire, 7 miles NE. of Aber-
gavenny, 934 ac., pop. 50.
©ldcastle, small market town and par. withry. sta.,
NW. co. Meath, 14 miles NW. of Kells and 72 miles
NAAr. of Dublin—par., 7907 ac., pop. 2564; town, pop.
952 ; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. Market-day, Monday,
Oldcoats, vil., Notts. See Old Cotes.
Oldconnaught, par., SE. co. Dublin, 1972 ac., pop.
2709 ; contains part of Bray.
Oldconnell, par., mid. co. Kildare, on river Liffey,
2 miles N. of Newbridge, 4075 ac., pop. 604.
Old court, 3 m. from Skibbereen, SW. co. Cork; P.O.
©lderfleet ½astle, ruin, near Larne, E. co. Antrim.
Oldfield.—hamlet, Bowdon par., Cheshire, 1 mileN.
of Altrincham.—2. Oldfield, Cheshire. See Heswall
with Oldfield.—3. Oldfield, hamlet, Herefordshire,
in NW. of co., 4 miles SAV. of Ludlow.
Oldfield Green, hamlet, Ombersley par., AVorcester-
shire, 4 miles SAV. of Droitwich.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)