©llabcrry, vil., on E. coast of Northmavine par.,
Shetland, 17 miles NW. of Voe; p.o.
Ollantlgh. See Olantigh.
©llersctt, Derbyshire. See Beard, Thornsett,
Ollersett, and Whittle.
©llerton.—township, in par. and 2 miles SE. of
Knutsford, Cheshire, 1224 ac., pop. 287; contains
©llerton Hall, seat. — 2. ©llerton, small town and
township, Edwinstowe par., Notts, on river Maun, 9
miles NE. of Mansfield, 1708 ac., pop. 818; P.O., T.o.,
1 Bank. The town is pleasantly situated in a well-
wooded valley near the N. border of Sherwood Forest,
is surrounded by fine scenery, and affords facilities for
excursions to the most interesting places in Sherwood
Forest. The cultivation of hops is the only industry.
—3. ©llerton, hamlet, Stoke upon Tern par., Shrop-
shire, on river Tern, 6 miles SW. of Market Drayton.
©lna Firth, bay, Delting par., Shetland; opening
from St Magnus Bay, it extends 3 miles SE. to the vil.
of Voe; at head of bay is the hamlet of ©lnafirth.
©lney, small town, par., and township with ry. sta.,
in N. of Bucks, 11 miles SE. of Northampton and 59
miles from London—par., 3054 ac., pop. 2415; town
and township, 2153 ac., pop. 2347 ; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank.
Olney is an interesting little town, with a pleasing posi-
tion in a valley of the Ouse. It is supposed to have
been built by the Flemings, and is said to have been the
first English seat of the lace mfr. Brewing and the mfr.
of boots and shoes are now the chief local industries ;
but most of the trade is connected with the agricul-
tural supplies of the neighbourhood. William Cowper
(1731-1800), the poet, resided here from 1767 to 1786.
The Olney hymns were written by Cowper and his
friend John Newton (1725-1807), the rector of Olney.
©lney Park Farm, par., on N. border of Bucks,
near Olney, 206 ac., pop. 15.
Olrig, coast par., N. Caithness, 10,015 ac., pop. 2002;
the church is at Castletown, 5 miles E. of Thurso; Olrig
Honse, seat, is 1% mile SW. of Castletown; Olrig Hill,
463 ft. high, is on the SW. border of the par.
Olton, ry. sta., AVarwickshire, 1 mile NW. of Soli-
hull sta. and 5% miles SE. of Birmingham ; in vicinity
is ©lton Hall, seat.
©lveston, par. and vil., Gloucestershire—par., 4812
ac., pop. 1609 ; vil., 3 miles SAV. of Thornbury ; P.O.;
near the vil. is ©lveston Green, seat.
©lwy, river, Monmouthshire; rises near Trelleck,
and flows 12 miles SW. to the Usk below Llanllowell.
Omagh, market and co. town with ry. sta., Drum-
ragh par., S. co. Tyrone, on river Strule, 34 miles SE.
of Londonderry and 129 miles NW. of Dublin, pop.
4138; P.O., T.O., 3 Banks, 1 newspaper. Market-day,
Saturday. Omagh has flax and corn mills, and a con-
siderable trade in tanning and leather.
©magh, Fast and West, 2 bars., S. co. Tyrone—East
Omagh, 132,539 ae., pop. 33,669; West Omagh, 93,321
ac., pop. 15,417.
Ombersley, par. and vil., AVorcestershire, 3% miles
W. of Droitwich, 6962 ac., pop. 2124; P.O., T.O.; near
the vil. is ©nibersley Court, seat.
©rneath, hamlet with ry. sta., Carlingford par., N.
co. Louth, 6 miles NW. of Carlingford and 2 miles from
Warrenpoint (by ferry); P.O.
©merbane, 10 m. from Killagan, N. co. Antrim; P.O.
©mey, par., NW. co. Galway, 20,835 ac., pop. 5886;
contains Clifden; also ©mey Island, 522 ac., pop. 219.
©inoa, ry. sta., and part of Cleland, Shotts par.,
Lanarkshire, 3 miles NE. of Motherwell.
Ompton, township, Kneesal par., Notts, 2% miles
SE. of Ollerton, pop. 58 ; P.O.
©naght, vil., on NW. side of Inishmore island, SAA.
co. Galway, pop. 126.
Onchan (or Kirk:Onchan),Man; P.O. SeeCoNCHAN.
©ne Mans Pass, a path on the S. side of Slieve
League mountain, SW. co. Donegal, 5 miles SE. of
Malinmore. The cliffs rise nearly 2000 ft. from the sea,
and are almost perpendicular.
Onecote, township and vil., Leek par., Staffordshire
—township, 4936 ac., pop. 373; vil., on river Hamps, 4%
miles SE. of Leek; P.O.
©nchouse, par. and vil., Suffolk, 2 miles NW. of
Stowmarket, 898 ac., pop. 336; near the vil. is One*
honse Lodge, seat.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)