Quay, 2 miles firom Westport, W. co. Mayo; P.O.
Quebec, 4 miles from Lanchester, Durham; P.O.
Quebec House, seat, 1 mile N. of East Dereham,
Qaicdgeley, par. and vil., in co. and 3 miles SW.
of Gloucester, 1453 ac., pop. 474; P.O.; near vil. is
Quedgeley House, seat.
Queen Camel, par. and vil., Somerset, 6 miles NE.
of Ilchester, 2498 ac., pop. 542; P.O., T.o.
Queen Cbarlton, par., Somerset, 5 miles SE. of
Bristol, 955 ac., pop. 115; contains Q. C. Manor, seat.
Queenborough, small town and par. (ry. stations
Queenborough and Queenborough Pier), Isle of Sheppey,
Kent, on river Swale, 2 miles S. of Sheerness, 298 ac.,
pop. 982; P.O., T.O. Queenborough is an ancient
borough and market town, which returned 2 members
to Parliament until 1832. It was founded by Edward
III., whose charter is dated May 10th, in the 42d year
of his reign, and who built the castle, taken down in the
time of the Commonwealth. Queenborough carries on
an active oyster fishery, and a line of steamers to
Flushing and Germany has a daily service from the pier.
Queenhill, township, Ripple par., Worcestershire,
2% miles SE. of Upton on Severn, 1380 ac. (including
Holdfast), pop. 107.
Qneenlborough, par. and vil., in co. and 6 miles
NE. of Leicester, 1390 ac., pop. 549.
Queens Cave, cave, in Deepden ravine, Northum-
berland, 2% miles S. of Hexham; here Queen Margaret
and her son, Prince Edward, lay concealed after the
battle of Hexham (1464).
Queens Channel, at mouth of Thames estuary,
between the Tongue and Margate Sands.
Queens Channel, E. entrance of Waterford Har-
bour, E. co. Waterford.
Queens County, inland co. of Leinster province,
Ireland, bounded NW. and N. by Kings co., E. by co.
Kildare, SE. by co. Carlow, S. by co. Kilkenny, and
SW. by co. Tipperary; greatest length, E. and W.,
34 miles ; greatest breadth, N. and S., 30 miles ; area,
424,854 ac. (396 water), or 20 per cent, of the
total area of Ireland; pop. 73,124, of whom 88 '0
per cent, are Roman Catholics, 10'8 Episcopalians, 04
Presbyterians, and 05 Methodists. Between the Slieve
Bloom mountains on the NW. border and the Dysart
and Slieve Loogh hills in the SE. district, there ex-
tends a flat open tract of country, much of which is
boggy and waste. There are many parts, however, par-
ticularly in the SE., which are fertile. Agriculture is
the chief employment; great numbers of fat and store
cattle are reared. (For agricultural statistics, see Ap-
pendix. ) Mountain limestone is the chief sub-stratum;
the old red sandstone occurs in the Slieve Bloom range.
Anthracite coal is worked in the S.; copper, man-
ganese, fullers earth, and marble are found. The
principal rivers are the Nore and the Barrow. There
are two branches of the Grand Canal in the NE., and
the Great Southern and Western Ry. traverses the
whole extent of the co. NE. and SW. Queens County
comprises 11 bars.—Ballyadams, Clandonagh, Clar-
mallagh, Cullenagh, Maryborough (East and West),
Portnahinch, Slievemargy, Stradbally, Innahinch, and
Upperwoods ; and the towns of Maryborough, Mount-
mellick, and Portarlington (part of); and 53 pars.
For parliamentary purposes the county is divided into
2 divisions—viz., Ossory and Leix, each returning 1
Queens Ferry, ry. sta. and ferry (across river
Dee), in co. and 5% miles SE. of Flint, and 7 miles W.
Queens Head Inn, sta. on Glyn Yalley Ry., Den-
bighshire, 4% miles NW. of Chirk.
Queens Park, West Kilburn, ry. sta., in NW. of
London, 1| mile E. of Willesden Junction.
Queens Koad.—ry. sta., Battersea, London, 1|
mile SW. of Waterloo sta.—2. Queens Koad, ry.
sta., Peckham, London, 2% miles SE. of London Bridge
sta. — 3. Queens Koad, 1 mile from Weybridge,
Queensberry, mountain, Closeburn par., Dumfries-
shire, 7 miles SW. of Moffat, alt. 2285 ft.
Queensborough, 3 miles NE. of Drogheda, S. co.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)