Qucrrln, 5 miles SW of Kilrush, S. co. Clare; P.O.
Quest Hills, 1 mile from Malvern Link, Worcester-
Qnethlock (or Quithick), par. and vil., Cornwall,
4 miles E. of Liskeard, 4531 ac., pop. 485; P.O.
Quex, seat, Birchington par., Kent, 3 miles SW. of
Margate; was the resting-place of William III. on his
way to and from Holland.
Qneynton, 7 miles NW. of Aylesbury, Bucks; P.O.
Qulckmcre, local government district, Saddleworth
township, Rochdale par., West-Riding Yorkshire, 3%
miles E. of Oldham, 593 ac., pop. 3660.
Qulddenham, par., Norfolk, 5 miles S. of Attle-
borough, 1126 ac., pop. 117; Quiddenbam Hall is the
seat of the Earl of Albemarle.
Qnigleygpolnt, 9 miles from Moville, NE. co. Done-
Quilca Honse, near Mullagh, SE. co. Cavan; was
the residence of Sheridans father, and here Swift wrote
his Tale of a Tub and Gulliver's Travels.
Quin, par. and vil.with ry. sta. (Ardsollus and Quin),
mid. co. Clare, 6 miles SE. of Ennis—par., 9352 ac.,
pop. 1364; vil., pop. 184; P.O.; has remains of an abbey.
Qninag, mountain, Assynt par., Sutherland, on N.
side of Loch Assynt, alt. 2653 ft.
Quines Hill, eminence, nr. Port Soderick, Isle of Man.
Qnlntin, small bay, 2% miles E. of Portaferry, NE.
Quinton.—par. and township, Gloucestershire, 5%
miles S. of Stratford on Avon—par., 4800 ac., pop. 647;
township, pop. 498 ; contains Quinton House, seat.—
2. Quinton, par., in co. and 4% miles SE. of North-
ampton, 1170 ac., pop. 116.—3. Quinton, eccl. dist.,
Halesowen par., Worcestershire, 4 miles SW. of Bir-
mingham, pop. 3455; P.O.—4. Quinton, hamlet,
Bockleton par., Worcestershire, 5 miles S. of Leo-
minster.—5. Quinton, Bucks. See Quainton.
Quiralng, mountain, Kilmuir par., Skye island, In-
verness-shire, in extreme N. of island, alt. 1779 ft.; on
its summit is a kind of crater, which presents wonder-
ful rock formations.
Qnitber, hamlet, Milton Abbot par., Devon, 6 miles
NW. of Tavistock.
Qnitbick, Cornwall. See Quethiock.
Qnlxbill, hamlet, Rocester par., Staffordshire, 5|
miles N. of Uttoxeter.
Qnoditcb, hamlet, Ashwater par., Devon, 7 miles
SE. of Holsworthy.
Qnoicb, Locb (5% miles by f mile), on border of Kil-
monivaig and Kilmalie pars., Inverness-shire; receives
the Quoich (which flows 8 miles SE. through Glen
Quoich), and gives out the Garry.
Qnolch Water, Crathie and Braemar par., Aber-
deenshire ; flows 8% miles SE. to the Dee 2 miles SAY.
of Castleton of Braemar; the Linn of Quoich, a beau-
tiful waterfall, is 1 mile above its mouth.
Quoile, river, E. co. Down; is the tidal part of river
Ballinahinch, before it enters Lough Strangford.
Qnolsley, Cheshire. See Marbury with Quoisley.
Quorndon (or Qnorn), town and township, Barrow
upon Soar par., Leicestershire, 2% miles SE. of Lough-
borough, 1990 ac., pop. 1816; P.O., T.O. Quorndon
Honse, Quorndon stall, and Quorndon Lodge,
Qnothqnan,vil., Libberton par., Lanarkshire, 2 miles
NE. of Thankerton sta.
Quoyloo, 8 miles N. of Stromness, Orkney; P.O.
Qny, ry. sta., in co. and 4% miles NE. of Cambridge;
P.O., called Qny cnm Stow; adjacent is Qny Hall,
seat. See Stow cum Quy.
Kaasay, island, Portree par., Inner Hebrides, Inver-
ness-shire, pop. 478 ; P.O.; the island measures 13 miles
by 3% miles in extreme length and breadth, and is for
the most part hilly, barren, and moorish; in SW. of
island, on Churchtown Bay, beside the church and the
post-office, 14 miles SE. of Portree, is Raasay House,
seat; Raasay is separated from Skye island by the
Sound of Raasay, which is from 1 to 5 miles wide.
Rabbit Islands, 3 islands, Tongue par., Sutherland,
at the mouth of the Kyle of Tongue.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)