Ringfadd Point, SE. co. Down, on E. side of
Ringford, vil., Tongland par., Kirkcudbrightshire,
1 mile NE. of Tarff sta.; P.O.
Riuginglow, vil., on border of Derbyshire and York-
shire, 4 miles SW. of Sheffield.
Ringland, par., Norfolk, on river Wensum, 7% miles
NW. of Norwich, 1210 ac., pop. 326.
Ringley Road, ry. sta., SE. Lancashire, 7 miles
NW. of Manchester.
Riugiuer.—hundred, Pevensey rape, Sussex, 11,227
ac., pop. 4197 ; contains 5 pars.—2. Ringiner, par.
and vil., Sussex, 2% miles NE. of Lewes, 5739 ac., pop.
1388; P.O. ; is associated with the name of Gilbert
White of Selborne (1720-1793), the naturalist.
Rlngniore.—coast par., Devon, 5% miles W. of
Kingsbridge, 1128 ac., pop. 250; P.O.—2. Ringinore,
hamlet, St Nicholas near Teignmouth and Stokein-
teignhead pars., Devon, 2 miles SAV. of Teignmouth.
Ring-o'-Bells, 1 mile from Burscough, SAV. Lanca-
shire ; P.O.
Ringrone, par., S. co. Cork, at mouth of river Ban-
don, 4 miles SAV. of Kinsale, 9238 ac., pop. 2458.
Rings Ilill, Dorset. See Flowers Barrow.
Ringsasli, par., Devon. See Ashreigney.
Rlngsend.—part of Pembroke township, Donnybrook
par., co. Dublin, within the pari, limits of Dublin city.
—2. Ringsend, 5 miles NAV. of Garvagli, E. co. Lon-
Rlngsfield, par. and vil., Suffolk, 2% miles SW. of
Beccles, 1815 ac., pop. 285; P.O. at Ringsfield
Ringshall.—hamlet, in par. and 3 miles SE. of
Ivinghoe, Bucks.—2. Ringshall, par. and vil., Suffolk,
3 m. SW. of Needham Market, 2116 ac., pop. 331; P.O.
Ringslow, hundred, St Augustine lathe, Kent,
15,103 ac., pop. 9816.
Ringstead.—hamlet, Osmington par., Dorset, on
Ringstead Bay, 5% miles NE. of Weymouth.—2. Ring-
stead, par. and vil. withry. sta., Northamptonshire, on
river Nen, 3 miles SW. of Thrapston and 18 NE. of
Northampton; P.O.; near vil. is Ringstead House, seat;
Roman remains have been found.—2. Ringstead, vil.,
Norfolk; P.O. See Ringstead St Peter, &c.
Ringstead, Little. See Hunstanton with Bar-
Ringstead, St Peter and St Andrew (or Great
Ringstead), par. and vil., Norfolk, 2 miles SE. of
Hunstanton, 2814 ac., pop. 458; P.O., called Ring-
stead ; Ringstead Downs are a favourite resort of
Ringvillc, seat, on river Barrow, SE. co. Kilkenny,
5 miles NE. of Waterford.
Riugway (or Ringey), eccl. dist., Bowdon par.,
Cheshire, 3% miles SE. of Altrincham, pop. 593.
Ringwood.—market town and par. with ry. sta.
(Ringwood Junction), Hants, on river Avon, 8 miles N.
of Christchurch and 24% miles SAA. of Southampton by
rail, 10,365 ac., pop. 3830; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks. Mar-
ket-day, Wednesday. Ringwood was a place of some
importance in Saxon times. It has long been famous
for its gloves and its ale. Bishop Stillingfleet (1635-
1699) was educated at the grammar school.—2. Ring-
wood, hundred, Hants, 14,145 ac., pop. 48S5.
Ringwood Hall, seat, 3 miles NE. of Chesterfield,
Ringwood Junction, ry. sta., Hants. See Ring-
Ringwould, par. and fishing vil., Kent, 3 miles SAV.
of Deal, 1604 ac. and 108 foreshore; pop. 853; P.O. ;
near vil. is Ringw ould House, seat, and vestiges of
a Roman camp ; Ringwould is a non-corporate mem-
ber of the Cinque Port of Dover.
Rinn, Lough, 2 miles S. of Mohill, S. co. Leitrim;
3 miles long.
Riuus, The, W. district of Wigtownshire ; extends
from Corsewall Point to the Mull of Galloway.
Rinoran Point, onN. side of Sligo Bay, N. co. Sligo.
Rinrawros Point, in NW. of Arran island, AV. co.
Donegal; has a lighthouse 76 ft. high, with revolving-
light (Aran, or Aranmore Island) 233 ft. above high
water and seen 25 miles.
Riuroe, cove, in Broad Haven, NW. co. Mayo.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)