Click on the image for a larger version suitable for printing.
HOME PAGE ... REFERENCE PAGE ...THIS GAZETTEERS PAGE
—2. Selside, wide aperture in Ingleborough mountain,
Selside and Whitwell, township, Kendal par.,
Selslcy, eccl. dist. and vil., Kingstanley par., Glou¬
Selson, hamlet, Eastry par., Kent, 5 m. NW. of Deal.
Selston, par. and vil. (ry. sta. Pinxton and Selston),
Selworthy, par. and vil., Somerset, 3 miles W. of
Seiner, par. and vil., Suffolk—par., 1248 ac., pop.
Semington, vil., Steeple Ashton par., AVilts, 3 m. NE.
Semley, par. and vil. with ry. sta. (for Shaftesbury),
Semperinghain, par. and township, Lincolnshire, 3
Semple, Renfrewshire. See Castle Semple.
Sence, river, Leicestershire ; rises on Bardon Hill,
Send, eccl. dist. and vil., Send and Ripley par.,
Send and Ripley, par., Surrey, on river Wey, 5182
Sennen, par. and vil., Cornwall—par. (including
1 m. E. of Lands End and 10 m. SAY. of Penzance; P.O.;
¾ mile NW. of vil. is Sennen Cove, a fishing hamlet.
Sennicotts, hamlet, Funtington par., Sussex, 2 m.
Sennow Lodge, seat, 5 m. SE. of Fakenham, Norfolk.
Senny, township, Devynnock par., in co. and 8 miles
Senwick, ancient par., now in Borgue par., Kirk- ;
Sephton, Lancashire. See Sefton.
Sepston, vil., Harmondsworth par., Middlesex, 2
Serjeants Inn Fleet Street, par., Middlesex, in
Serk (or Serq). See Sark.
Serlby Hall, seat of Lord Galway, Harworth par.,
Seskanore, 3 m. NE. of Fintona, mid. co. Tyrone; P.O.
Seskilgrean, 5 m. fromBallygawley, co. Tyrone; P.O.
Seskinan, par., N. co. Waterford, on river Nier, 8
Sessay, par., township, and vil. with ry. sta., North-
Sessiagh, Lough, 4½ mile SE. of Dunfanaghy, N. co.
Sesswlck, township, Bangor par., Denbighshire, 6
Setchey (or Setch), par., Norfolk, 4 miles S. of Kings
Setmurthy, township, Brigham par., Cumberland,
Seton, ancient par., now in Tranent par., Hadding¬
S. House, seat, occupies the site of the ancient palace.
Settle, market town and township with ry. sta.,
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)