in E. of co., 1 mile W. of Wimborne.—2. Stone House,
seat, 3 miles NW. of Bromfield, Shropshire.—3. Stone
House, seat, Sussex ; post-town, Warbleton.
Stone Street.—Roman road, in Surrey and Sussex,
extending from Southwark SW. past Streatham, Walton
on the Hill, Dorking, Ockley, and Bignor, to Chi¬
chester.—2. Stone Street, 2 m. from Seal, Kent; P.O.
Stone near Hartford, par. and vil., Kent, on river
Thames, 2 miles E. of Dartford, 3014 ac. and 286 tidal
water and foreshore, pop. 2550; the City of London
Lunatic Asylum is situated here ; in vicinity of vil. is
Stone Park, seat.
Stone (near Tenterden), par. and vil., Kent—par.,
3101 ac., pop. 384; vil., 4½ miles NE. of Rye; P.O.
Stone next Faversham, par., Kent, 2 miles W. of
Faversham, 757 ac., pop. 66.
Stonea, ry. sta., Cambridgeshire, 3|m. SE. of March.
Stoneaston, 4½ miles W. of Radstock, Somerset;
P.O. See Stone Easton.
Stonebarrow Hill, eminence, Dorset, 3 miles NE.
of Lyme Regis.
Stonebeck, Down, township, Kirkby Malzeard par.,
E. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 3 miles NW. of Pateley
Bridge, 12,516 ac., pop. 331; contains Ramsgill vil.
Stonebeck, Upper, township, Kirkby Malzeard
par., E. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 8 miles NW. of
Pateley Bridge, 12,505 ac., pop. 283; contains Middles-
Stonebridge, hamlet, Warwickshire, on river Blythe,
3 miles SE. of Coleshill.
Stonebridge, 3 miles NE. of Clones, AY. co. Mon¬
Stonebridge Park, ry. sta. (for AVest Willesden and
Harlesden), Middlesex, near Willesden Junction.
Stoncbrook, seat, 2 miles NW. of Ballymore Eustace,
E. co. Kildare.
Stonebroom, near Alfreton, Derbyshire ; P.O.
Stonehrow, hamlet, in par. and 4 miles SE. of
Whitby, North-Riding Yorkshire.
Stonebury, hamlet, Little Hormead par., Herts, 3
miles SE. of Buntingford.
Stonebyres, seat, Lesmahagow par., Lanarkshire,
near river Clyde, 3 miles W. of Lanark ; in vicinity is
Stonebyres Linn, the last of the Falls of Clyde.
Stonecarthy, par., S. co. Kilkenny, 6 miles AY. of
Thomastown, 1490 ac., pop. 278.
Stoneclongli, vil. with ry. sta., SE. Lancashire, 1
mile SE. of Farnwortli sta., and 7 miles NW. of Man¬
Stonecroucb, hamlet, Kent, 4 miles SW. of Cran-
brook; an Augustinian priory stood here.
Stonefcrry, vil., Sutton and Stoneferry par., East-
Riding Yorkshire, 1½ mile NE. of Hull; P.O.
Stoncfield, vil., 4 miles NW. of Newcastle under
Stoncfield.—hamlet, Ardchattan and Muckairnpar.,
Argyllshire, on S. shore of Loch Etive, 3½ miles AY. of
Taynuilt sta.—2. Stonefield, seat, South Knapdale
par., Argyllshire, on W. shore of Loch Fyne, 2 miles N. of
Tarbert.—3. Stonefield, town, Blantyre par., Lanark¬
shire, 2½ miles NW. of Hamilton and 8 miles SE. of
Glasgow, pop. (including Bairds Rows, Dixons Rows,
and Springwell) 4511; P.O.
Stonegate, eccl. dist. and vil., Ticehurst par., Sussex
—dist., pop. 500; vil., 1½ mile NW. of Ticehurst Road
sta. and 9 miles SE. of Tunbridge Wells; P.O.
Stonegate St Helen, par., within the mun. limits of
York city, pop. 443.
Stonegrave, par., township, and vil., North-Riding
Yorkshire—par., 3102 ac., pop. 296 ; township, 915 ac.,
pop. 140; the vil. is 5 miles SE. of Helmsley, and has
a church rebuilt in 1862, but retaining portions of the
previous structure, either Saxon or early Norman.
Stonehall, par., No. co. Westmeath, on Lough
Dereveragh, 6 miles N. of Mullingar, 3003 ac., pop. 290.
Stoneliain, North, par. and vil., Hants—par., 5056
ac., pop. 1358; vil., 4½ miles N. of Southampton; P.O.;
near the vil. is North Stoneham Park, seat.
Stoneham, South, par. and vil., Hants, on river
Itchen—par., on N. side and partly within the bor. of
Southampton, 8757 ac. (50 water) and 218 tidal water
and foreshore, pop. 12,971; pop. of borough part, 7062 ;
the vil. is 3 miles N. of Southampton.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)