along the E. boundary, the Bladenoch, and Luce
Water. Lochs are numerous, but small. Agriculture,
dairy-farming, and sheep-farming afford the chief em-
ployments. The co. comprises 17 pars., the police
burghs of Newton-Stewart, Stranraer, and Whithorn,
and the royal burgh of Wigtown. It returns 1 member
Wigwell, vil., Derbyshire, 1 mile E. of Wirksworth;
in vicinity is Wigwell Grange, seat.
Wike.—township and ry. sta. (Wyke), Birstal par.,
E. div. West-Biding Yorkshire, 4 miles S. of Bradford,
967 ac., pop. 5315 ; P.O.; has worsted mills, dyeworks,
and a card factory. See Wyke.—2. Wlke, township,
Harewood and Bardsey pars., E. div. West-Riding
Yorkshire, 6 miles NE. of Leeds, 879 ac., pop. 142.
Wilbarston, par. and vil., Northamptonshire—par.,
2800 ac., pop. 598; vil., 6 miles E. of Market Har-
borough ; P.O.
Wllbarton ; P.O. See Wilburton._
Wilberfoss, par., township, and vil., East-Riding
Yorkshire—par., 3185 ac., pop. 610; township, 1472 ac.,
pop. 414; vil., 8 miles E. of York; P.O.
Wilbraliam, Great, par. and vil., Cambridgeshire,
in SE. of co.—par., 2800 ac., pop. 547; vil., 6 miles E.
of Cambridge; P.O.
Wilbraliani, Little, par. and vil., Cambridgeshire,
in SE. of co.—par., 1300 ac., pop. 412; vil., 1 mile N.
of Great Wilbraham ; in vicinity have been found many
relics of the Saxon period.
Wllbrigbton, hamlet, Gnosall par., in co. and 8
miles SW. of Stafford.
Wllburton, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Cambridge-
shire—par., 2233 ac., pop. 527; vil., 5f miles SW. of
Ely; P.O., called Wllbarton.
Wilbury Hill, eminence with Roman camp, Herts,
in N. of co., 3 miles W. of Baldock.
Wilbury Park, seat, AVilts, in SE. of co., 4 miles E.
Wilby.—par., Norfolk, 4 miles SAA*. of Attleborough,
1400 ac., pop. 86.—2. Wilby (or Willy), par. and vil.,
Northamptonshire—par., 1120 ac., pop. 405; vil., 3
miles SAY. of AYellingborough; P.O., called Willy;
has brickworks and a leather factory.—3. Wilby,
par. and vil., Suffolk, 6 miles SE. of Eye, 1844 ac.,
Wilcbeswood, hamlet, Langton Matravers par.,
Dorset, in SE. of co., in AA7. vicinity of Swanage.
Wilcot, par. and vil., AYilts—par., 2668 ac., pop.
563; vil., on Avon and Kennet Canal, 14 mile AY. of
Pewsey; in vicinity is Wilcot House, seat.
Wilcotc, par., Oxfordshire, 3 miles SE. of Charl-
bury, 319 ac., pop 10.
Wilcrick, par., Monmouthshire, 6| miles E. of
Newport, 406 ac., pop. 28.
Wild, hamlet, Hampstead Norris par., Berks, in E.
of co., 4 miles SE. of Ilsley.
Wildboar Ciongb, township, Prestbury par.,
Cheshire, 6 miles SE. of Macclesfield, 5040 ac., pop. 227.
Wildboar Fell, eminence with fine view, AYestmor-
land, in E. of co., 4 miles SE. of Ravenstonedale.
Wilden, par. and vil., Bedfordshire, in N. of eo.—
par., 2160 ac., pop. 443 ; vil., 5m. NE. of Bedford; P.O.
Wilderness Fark, seat of the Marquis of Camden,
Kent, 14 mile NE. of Sevenoaks.
Wildcrsmonth Cove, on NW coast of Devon, 3
miles NAY. of Ilfracombe.
Wildmore, par., Lincolnshire, 3 miles SE. of Tat-
tershall, 3701 ac., pop. 689; consists of a tract called
Wildmore Fen, at one time divided among 12 pars.
Wildon Grange, township, Coxwold par., North-
Riding Yorkshire, 54 miles N. of Easingwold, 698 ac.,
Wiidswortb, township, Laughton by Gainsborough
par., Lincolnshire, 8 miles N. of Gainsborough, pop. 130.
Wiley, river, AYilts ; rises near Kingston Deverill,
and flows NE. to vicinity of AVarminster, thence SE. to
the Nadder, near Wilton; is 22 miles long.
Wilfbolnie, hamlet, Beswick township, Kilnwick
par., East-Riding Yorkshire, 6 miles NE. of Beverley.
Wiiford.—par. and vil., Notts—par., partly within
the bor. of Nottingham, 1450 ac., pop. 1106 ; vil., on S.
bank of river Trent, 14 mile (by ferry) SAY. of Notting-
ham ; P.O. ; in vicinity is Wiiford House, seat. The
church contains a memorial window to Henry Kirke
White (1785-1806), the poet, who resided in the village
for several years.—2. Wiiford, hundred, Suffolk, in
SE. of co., 31,357 ac., pop. 7745; contains 17 pars.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)