Woodham Mortimer, par. and vil., Essex—par.,
1386 ac., pop. 332 ; vil., 24 miles SW. of Maldon; P.O. ;
Woodham Mortimer Hall, Woodham Mortimer
Lodge, and Woodham Mortimer Place are seats.
Woodham Walter, par. and vil., Essex—par., 2621
ac., pop. 524; vil., 3 miles W. of Maldon; P.O.
Woodhatch, 2 miles from Reigate, Surrey ; P.O.
Woodhaven, vil., Forgan par., Fife, on Firth of
Tay, 1 mile SAV. of Newport.
Woodhay, Fast, par. and vil. with ry. sta. (Wood-
hay), Hants, 44 miles SAA*. of Newbury, 5080 ac., pop.
1527 ; contains Wootton (or Woolton) Hill; P.O., T.O.
Woodhay, West, par., Berks, in SW. of co., 5 miles
SE. of Hungerford, 1432 ac., pop. 116.
Woodliead, eccl. dist. and ry. sta., Mottram in
Longden Dale par., Cheshire, 5 miles NE. of Glossop,
Woodhead.—school, Fyvie par., Aberdeenshire.—2.
Woodhcad, vil., Carsphairn par., Kirkcudbrightshire,
11 miles SE. of Dalmellington sta.; lead ore has been
worked in the vicinity.
Woodhcad Hall, seat, 2 miles NE. of Cheadle,
Woodhill, seat, Essex; post-town, Chelmsford.
Woodhill.—seat, Barry par., Forfarshire, 4 miles
AY. of Carnoustie.—2. Woodhill, seat, Kirkmichael
par., Perthshire, on river Ardle, 10 miles NW. of
Woodhill Paper Mills, Elton, Bury, Lancashire.
Woodliorn, par. and township, Northumberland, 8
miles NE. of Morpeth—par. (containing Newbiggin,
North Seaton, AViddrington, &c.), 12,402 ac., pop.
5049; township, 1485 ac.,pop. 177.
Woodhorn Demesne, township, Woodhorn par.,
Northumberland, 312 ac., pop. 21.
Woodhonse.—hamlet, Bolsover par., Derbyshire, 5
miles NE. of Chesterfield.—2. Woodhouse, township
and vil., Barrow upon Soar par., Leicestershire—town-
ship (containing Woodhouse Eaves, vil.), 3980 ac., pop.
1288; vil., 34 miles S. of Loughborough. The church
(restored 1858) is a 13th century structure. There is a
richly endowed school. — 3. Woodhonse, hamlet,
Belton by Gainsborough par., Lincolnshire, 2 miles
NE. of Epworth.—4. Woodhouse, township, Shil-
bottle par., Northumberland, 5 miles SE. of Alnwick,
567 ac., pop. 21.—5. Woodhouse, par., Shropshire,
near Cleobury Mortimer, pop. 4.—6. Woodhonse, 1
mile from Longton, Staffordshire; P.O.—7. Wood-
house, hamlet, Sutton on Derwent par., East-Riding
Yorkshire, 5 miles SAV. of Pocklington.—8. Wood-
house, eccl. dist., Leeds par., E. div. West-Riding
Yorkshire, within Leeds bor., pop. 6192.—9. Wood-
honse, vil., Normanton par. and township, S. div.
West-Riding Yorkshire, 1 mile from Normanton sta.-—
10. Woodhouse, eccl. dist. and vil. with ry. sta.
(Woodhouse Junction), Handsworth par., S. div. West-
Riding Yorkshire—dist., pop. 3780; vil., 5 miles SE.
of Sheffield by rail; is situated in a colliery district,
and has sawmills.—II. Woodhonse, vil., Shelley town-
ship, Kirkburton par., S. div. AVest-Riding Yorkshire,
54 miles SE. of Huddersfield. ,
Woodhonse Eaves, vil., AVoodhouse township, Bar-
row upon Soar par., and eccl. dist., partly in Maple-
well Longdale par., Leicestershire—dist., pop. 1025;
vil., 1 mile SW. of Woodhouse vil., and 4 miles S. of
Loughborough ; P.O. ; has an endowed school.
Woodhouse Hall, par., Notts, 4 miles SW. of
Worksop, pop. 129.
Woodhouse Junction, ry. sta., S. div. West-
Riding Yorkshire, 5 miles SE. of Sheffield.
AVoodhouse Mill, vil. with ry. sta., Handsworth
par., S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 10 miles SE. of
Sheffield by rail.
AVoodhouse Moor. See Newland with AVood-
Woodhonse Park, seat, near Rednal sta., Shrop-
Woodhouse Tower, ruin, Kirkpatrick Fleming par.,
Woodhonse with Bradley, eccl. dist., Huddersfield
par. and bor., S. div. West-Riding Yorkshire, pop. 3983.
Woodhonsclee, seat, Glencorse par., Edinburgh-
shire, 64 miles S. of Edinburgh.
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)