Morethorpe, W. R, (8) a hamlet
in the township and parish of South
Kirkby, wapentake of Osgoldcross, 7
miles S. from Pontefract.
Mortonley, W. R. (8) a hamlet
in the township and parish of Eccles-
field, wapentake of Strafforth and Tick-
hill, 7 miles N. from Sheffield.
Mortham Tower, N.R. (1). See
Morton, N. R. (2) a township in
the parish of Ormesby, wapentake of
Langbarugh, 4 miles W. from Guis-
borough ; inhabitants, 26.
Morton, N. R. (2) a hamlet, extra-
parochial, in the township of Newbo-
rough, wapentake of Birdforth, 4 miles
N. from Easingwold.
Morton, East and West, W. R.
(4) a township in the parish of Bingley,
wapentake of Skyrack, 3 miles N. E.
from Keighley; inhabitants, 1199.
Morton Banks, W. R. (4) a ham-
let in the preceding township. About
fifty years since a quantity of Roman
Denarii was discovered here, in what
was probably the military chest of a
Roman legion; they were chiefly of the
age of Septimius Severus and his sons,
and were in excellent preservation.
Morton upon Swale, N. R. (2) a
township in the parish of Ainderby-
steeple, wapentake of Gilling East, 4
miles W. from Northallerton; inhabi-
Morwick, W. R. (5) a small ham-
let in the township and parish of Bar-
wick in Elmet, wapentake of Skyrack,
5§ mile N. W. from Leeds.
Mosley, W. R. (5) a hamlet in the
township and parish of Addle, wapen-
take of Skyrack, 4 miles S. W. from
Moss, W. R. (8) a township in the
parish of Camp sail, wapentake of Os-
goldcross, 6 miles W. from Thorne;
Mossdale, N. R. (1) a hamlet in
the township of Hawes, parish of Ays-
garth, wapentake of Hang West, 4 miles
N. W. from Hawes. This hamlet is
pleasantly situated at the western ex-
tremity of Wensley Dale, near the
source of the river Ure.
Mosson Green, W. R. (8) a ham-
let in the township of Sykehouse, pa-
rish of Fishlake, wapentake of Straf-
forth and Tickhill, 4 miles N. W. from
Mosswood House, W. R. (4) a
small hamlet in the township of Foun-
tains Earth, parish of Kirkby Malzeard,
wapentake of Claro, 3 miles N.W. from
Mould Green, W. R. (7) a hamlet
in the township of Dalton, parish of
Kirkheaton, wapentake of Agbrigg, 1
mile E. from Huddersfield. Here are
tbe seats of W. W. Battye, Esq.; and
Abraham Dixon, Esq.
Moulton, N.R. (2) a township in
the parish of Middleton Tyas, wapen-
take of Gilling East, 3§ miles N. from
Catterick; inhabitants, 236.
Mount Farran, E. R. (5) a small
hamlet in the township and parish of
Birdsall, wapentake of Buckrose, 4§
miles S. from Malton.
Mount Grace, N. R. (2). See
Mount Pleasant, W. R. (8). See
Mount St. John, N. R, (2). See
Mowthorpe, E. R. (6) a hamlet
in the township and parish of Kirkby
Grindalyth, in the wapentake of Buck-
rose, 3 miles N. W. from Sledmere.
Mowthorpe, N. R. (5) a hamlet in
the township and parish of Terrington,
wapentake of Bulmer, 8 miles W. from
Moxby, N. R. (5) a hamlet in the
township and parish of Marton, wa-
pentake of Bulmer, 5 miles S. E. from
Muker, N. R. (1) a township in
the parish of Grinton, wapentake of
Gilling West, 6 miles N. W. from Ask-
rigg; inhabitants, 1425; a ehapelry