seat of the ancient family of Tyas, five
of whose tombs yet remain,
Tranby, E. R. (9) a hamlet in the
township of Hessle, parish of Kirk Ella,
wapentake of Hullshire, 6 miles W.
from Hull. In this pleasant village are
the seats of J. K. Watson, Esq., John
Todd, Esq., Samuel Cooper, Esq., and
Tranmire, N. R. (2) a hamlet in
the township of Newton Mulgrave, pa-
rish of Lythe, wapentake of Langba-
rugh, 11 miles E. from Guisborough.
Tranmoor, W. R. (8) a hamlet in
the township of Egbrough, parish of
Kellington, wapentake of Osgoldcross,
6 miles W. from Snaith.
Treeton, W. R. (8) a parish and
township in the wapentake of Straf-
forth and Tickhill, 4 miles S. from
Rotherham; inhabitants, 364; a rec-
tory, value 12/.; patron, the Duke of
Norfolk. Treeton at the conquest,
was one of the numerous manors of
Earl Morcar. The parish contains
the townships of Brampton en le
Morthen and Ulley. Entire popu-
Trenholme, N. R. (2) a hamlet in
the township and parish of Whorlton,
wapentake of Langbarugh, 8 miles
S. W. from Stokesley.
Treswick, E. R. (5) a hamlet in
the township and parish of Hayton,
division of Holme Beacon, 3 miles S.
Troop, W. R. (4) a hamlet in the
township of Fountains Earth, parish of
Kirkby Malzeard, wapentake of Claro,
9 miles N. W. from Pateley Bridge.
Trouts Dale, N. R. (3) a town-
ship in the parish of Brompton, wapen-
take of Pickering Lythe, 8 miles W.
from Scarborough ; inhabitants, 45.
Trumfleet, W.R. (8) a hamlet
in the township and parish of Kirk
Sandal, wapentake of Strafforth and
Tickhill, 6 miles W. from Thorne,
Tudworth, W. R. (8) a hamlet in
the township and parish of Hatfield,
wapentake of Strafforth and Tickhill,
If mile S. from Thorne.
Tunnercliffe Gate, W.R. (7)
a hamlet in the township of Dalton,
parish of Kirkheaton, wapentake of Ag-
brigg, 4 miles E. from Huddersfield.
Tunstall, E. R. (6) a parish and
township in the wapentake of Holder-
ness, 15 miles E. from Hull; inhabi-
tants, 163 ; a perpetual curacy ; pa-
tron, the Dean and Chapter of York.
Tunstall, N. R. (2) a township
in the parish of Catterick, wapentake
of Hang East, 7 miles N. from Bedale;
inhabitants, 253. In this village, two
females died in the year 1808; the age of
the elder being 107, of the younger 103.
Tunstall, N. R. (2) a hamlet in
the township of Nunthorpe, parish of
Great Ayton, wapentake of Langba-
rugh, 3 miles N. from Stokesley.
Tunsted, W.R. (7) a hamlet in
the township of Quick, parish of Roch-
dale, Lancashire, wapentake of Ag-
brigg, 2 miles S. E. from Dobcross.
Tupgill, N. R. (1) a hamlet in
the township and parish of Coverham,
wapentake of Hang West, 2 miles
S. W. from Middleham. Here is a
training ground for race horses.
Turmer Hall, E. R. (6) a haTnlet
in the township of Ganstead, parish of
Swine, wapentake of Holderness, 5
miles N.E. from Hull.
Turnbridge, W. R. (8) a hamlet
in the township of Cowick, parish of
Snaith, wapentake of Osgoldcross, 2
miles S. E. from Snaith.
Turnham Hall, E. R. (5). See
Cliffe cum Lund.
Turvin, W. R. (7) a hamlet in the
township of Sowerby, parish of Hali-
fax, wapentake of Morley, 7 miles
W. S. W. from Halifax. In this ob-
scure and somewhat romantic valley, a
chapel of ease to Halifax was con-
secrated in 1814, and entitled the Chapel
of St. John in the Wilderness : more
than half a century ago, the vale of
Turvin was infested by a gang of coin-