Sullam (or Sullom), hamlet, Northmavine par.,
Shetland, on Sullom Voe, 9 miles NW. of Voe; P.O.;
the voe or sea-loch extends 8 miles SW. between North-
mavine and Delting pars.
SuUaue, rivulet, W. co. Cork; rises in the Derry -
nasaggart Mountains, and flows 14 miles E. to river
Lee, 3 miles above Macroom.
Sullatobber, rivulet, E. co. Antrim; falls into Bel-
fast Lough at Carrickfergus.
lullington, par. and vil., Sussex, 6 miles NW. of
Steyning, 2218 ac., pop. 200.
Sully, coast par., Glamorgan, in SE. of co., 6 miles
SW. of Cardiff, 1387 ac. and 858 tidal water and fore-
shore, pop. 203; P.O.; contains Sully House, seat of
Lord AVimborne; SuUy Island lies off the coast, and
has an ancient camp.
Sumburgh Head, bold headland, at S. extremity of
Shetland; has a lighthouse 55 ft. high, with fixed
light (Sumburgh Head) 300 ft. above high water and
seen 24 miles; immediately S. of Sumburgh Head is
Sumburgh Boost, where conflicting tidal currents
render navigation dangerous.
Summer Grove, seat, 2 miles S. of Whitehaven,
Summer Grove, seat, 1% mile W. of Mountmellick,
N. Queens co.
Summer Isles, a group of islands, at the entrance
of Loch Broom, Ross and Cromarty; Tanera is the only
Summer Lane, ry. sta., S. div. West-Riding York-
shire, in W. vicinity of Barnsley.
Summerbridge, hamlet, Kirkby Malzeard par., E.
div. AYest-Riding Yorkshire, 2 m. AY. of Ripley; P.O.
Summercourt, hamlet, 6 miles SAY. of St Columb
Major, Cornwall; P.O.
Summercove, 2 miles SE. of Kinsale, S. co. Cork,
on E. side of Kinsale Harbour; P.O.
Summerham Bridge, bridge across the Kennet and
Avon Canal, Wilts, 4 miles SE. of Melksham.
Suuimerhlll.—1 mile from AVrexham, Denbighshire;
P.O.—2. Summerhill, seat, 5 miles N. of Tunbridge,
Kent; was the residence of General Lambert after the
Summerhill.—place with church, Ayton par., Ber-
wickshire.—2. Summerhill, hamlet, in par. and 1
mile from New Machar, Aberdeenshire ; P.O.
Summerhill, vil., Laraeor par., S. co. Meath, 6miles
NAA of Kilcock ry. sta and 6 miles SE. of Trim, pop.
162; P.O., T.O. Adjacent is Summerhill House, seat
of Lord Langford.
Summerhouse, township, Gainford par., Durham,
6 miles NW. of Darlington, 831 ac., pop. 118.
Summerhouse Hill (or Lyn Cliff), Devon, in N. of
co., between East Lyn and AYest Lyn valleys.
Summerseat, vil. with ry. sta., Elton township,
Bury par., SE. Lancashire, 2% miles N. of Bury; p.o.
Summerseat, seat, 1 mile S. of Dunboyne, S. co.
Suminerston, ry. sta., New Kilpatrick par., Stirling-
shire, 6% miles N. of Glasgow by rail.
Summerstown (or Wandsworth St Mary), eccl.
dist. (ry. sta. Earlsfield and Summers Town), Wands-
worth par. and bor., Surrey, on river AVandle, pop. 1753;
the sta. is 1% mile NE. of AVimbledon sta.
Summertown, eccl. dist., Oxford St Giles par., Ox-
fordshire, on N. side of Oxford city, pop. 1432; P.O., T.o.
Summerville, fishing sta., in co. and 7 miles S. of
Waterford, on E. side of Tramore Bay.
Summit, school, Crawford par., Lanarkshire.
Sun Corner, headland, near W. extremity of Isle of
Wight, at E. side of Scratchells Bay.
Sunart, district, Ardnamurchan par., Argyllshire;
measures 6 by 12 miles.
Sunart, Loch, sea-loch, Argyllshire ; winds 19 miles
E. from the N. entrance of the Sound of Mull, and
separates Ardnamurchan and Sunart on the N. from
Mull and Morvern on the S.
Sunbcgin, hamlet, in par. and 2 miles E. of Orton,
Sunbury, market town and par. with ry. sta.,
Middlesex, in SW. of co., on river Thames, 4%miles W.
of Kingston upon Thames and 16 SAV. of London, 2659
ac., pop. 4297; P.O., t.o., and P.O., T.o. at Sunbury
Gazetteer of the British Isles, Statistical and Topographical, by John Bartholomew, F.R.G.S.
Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1887. Public domain image from Gedcomindex.com
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)