Wingford, Cambridgeshire. See Wentworth.
Wlngham.—hundred, lathe of St Augustine, Kent,
15,502 ac., pop. 4695; contains 5 pars.—2. Wing-
liam, par. and vil., Kent—par., 2637 ac., pop. 1153;
vil., 6 miles E. of Canterbury; P.O., T.o.; gives title
of baron to Earl Cowper.
Wingland, Central, par., Lincoln and Norfolk, 7
miles W. of Kings Lynn, pop. 245.
Wlngletang Hill, eminence, St Agnes, Scilly
Islands, near St Agnes lighthouse; on the summit is
the Punchbowl Bock, a rock basin, 12 ft. in circuit.
Wingrave (with Rowshain), par. and vil., Bucks—
par., 2488 ac., pop. 903; vil., 6 m. NE. of Aylesbury; P.O.
Winkbourn, par. and vil., Notts, 3 miles N. of
Southwell, 2240 ac., pop. 132; in vicinity of vil. is
Winkbourn Hall, seat.
Wlnkelbury (or Vespasians) Camp, Berwick St
John par., Wilts, on a lofty ridge, 5miles S. of Tisbury
sta.; covers 12% ac.
Winkfield, vil. and par. (Winkfield with Ascot),
Berks, in E. of co.—par. (containing Broadmoor
Lunatic Asylum, and parts of Ascot and Bracknell),
10,278 ac., pop. 3622; vil., 3 miles NE. of Bracknell and
5 miles SW. of Windsor; P.O., T.O., called Winkfield
(North Street); in vicinity is the hamlet of Winkfield
Row; P.O. Winkfield Place and numerous other
residences are in the par.
Winkfield wltb Rowley, par., Wilts, 2 miles SW.
of Trowbridge, 1383 ac., pop. 354.
Wlnkhlll, hamlet, Waterfall par., Staffordshire, 6
miles SE. of Leek; in vicinity is Winkblll Hill,
Wlnklebury Hill, ancient camp, Hants, 2 miles AV.
Winkleigb, hundred, par., and vil., Devon—hun-
dred and par., 9118 ac., pop. 1219; vil., 5% miles
SW. of Chulmleigh; P.O., T.o.; in vicinity is Wink-
leigh Court, seat.
WInksley, township and eccl. dist., Ripon par., E.
div. West-Riding Yorkshire, 5 miles W. of Ripon—
township, 729 ac., pop. 116; eccl. dist. (Winksley cum
Grantley), pop. 351.
Winkton, hamlet, Christchurch par., Hants, on river
Avon, 2 miles N. of Christchurch; P.O.
Winlaton, par. and township, Durham, on river
Tyne — par., wholly in local government dist. of
Blaydon, 9063 ac., pop. 9944; township, 5217 ac., pop.
8330 ; P.O.; has large ironworks, and mfrs. of anchors,
chains, spades, files, and edge tools.
Wlnmarleigb, township and ry. sta., Garstang par.,
N. Lancashire, 3 miles NAV. of Garstang, 2342 ac.,
pop. 381; Wlnmarleigb House is the seat of Lord
Winnall, par., Hants, partly within Winchester
city, 532 ac., pop. 124.
Winnats (or Wind Gates) Pass, The, steep rocky
chasm, Castleton par., Derbyshire, in AV. vicinity of
Castleton ; is 1 mile long, and is traversed by the road
from Castleton to Chapel-en-le-Frith.
Wlnnersh, township, Hurst par., Berks, in E. of
co., 3% miles N. of Wokingham, 2045 ac., pop. 685.
Winnibriggs and Threo, wapentake, Lincolnshire,
in Parts of Kesteven, 37,055 ac., pop. 5573; contains 16
pars, and 2 parts.
Winnington.—township, Great Budworth par.,
Cheshire, on river Weaver, on NW. side and partly
in town of Northwich, 678 ac. (44 water), pop. 681;
contains Winnington Hall, seat.—2. Winnington,
vil., on W. border of Shropshire, 13 miles W. of
Shrewsbury; was the birthplace of Thomas Parr ( Old
Parr), who is said to have attained the age of 152.—
3. Winnington, hamlet, Mucklestone par., Stafford-
shire, 4% miles NE. of Market Drayton.
Winscales, township, in par. and 2% miles SE. of
Workington, Cumberland, 974 ac., pop. 103; contains
Winscales House, seat.
Winscombe, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Somerset, 2
miles NY7, of Axbridge, 4140 ac., pop. 1259; has an
Winscott House, seat, Devon, in NAV. of co., 4
miles S. of Torrington.
Wlnsford.—vil. with ry. sta., Wharton township,
Davenham par., Cheshire, and local government dist.
Click on the image to get a large bitmap suitable for printing (45 MB)